Homemade RTT??????

Willy G

Adventurer
First off, let just air this out, I a cheap person, I am saving up for college and working full time, but I want to build a trailer with a RTT, and don't want to pay thousands for it.

I have no real experience sewing or anything else of that sort. I was wondering if anyone knows what fabric can be used or any helpful details on the canvas material that would be a good weatherproof style that can be made into a tent of some sorts, this will be a mostly summertime fabric with some light winter uses.

And on another note, It needs to be light as possible, because it will be pulled with the worst tow vehicle ever made, a Samurai.

Finlay

Triarius
I have been unable to find it, but on some other forum, a guy with similar constraints as you came up with a pretty ingenious solution. He made a folding platform - roughly 6x6 when it was expanded - and just put a regular tent on there.

It got him off the ground on a nice flat surface, was inexpensive, and seemed to serve him well.

I think that would be far easier than trying reverse engineer and make a RTT yourself.

Willy G

Adventurer
Thanks for the info I will still be on this tread If I do a build up of a tent, But I just found an awesome Fiberglass trailer with opening roof and rear door, And it only weighs 250 lbs so I think that I will be able to pull that with alot of suppies.
3k93Ib3Lf5V25G55H3cct3786c27fd7a91cfe.jpg3n03G53Ne5Ib5Hf5J7cct738016097f581d01.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design