Honda Element Stream Crossings

bootzilla

Adventurer
Did the Element make it through that mud with stock tires and those running boards? Not bad at all!

I saw one today on a sound-side beach in the outer banks - it was a pretty small beach that was relatively hard packed, but the owner was confident enough to drive out there by himself, so it must have been doing okay. Cool little cars - I was seriously considering buying one myself - even went to scout out a couple - the only deal breaker for me was that you can't roll down the rear windows for the dog...a must have for me.

I've seen all kinds of cool rigs out on the beach - I'll have to shoot some pics tomorrow when we head out there for a few hours.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
ZooJunkie said:
Thanks for sharing!! That's cool. All he needs to do is to remove the running board and get taller tires!

And add a snorkel:p

Sorry, I just read the entire snorkel wars thread and I have snorkels on the brain.

Wanderlusty

Explorer
paulj,

That element with AT's looks purty neat. Kinda surprising.

I have to admit, though, that on the first Element pics, of clynn's friend, that I don't quite get the need for running boards on that vehicle. Was that a dealer installed item?

paulj

Expedition Leader
There are both Honda made side steps, and one or two after market brands. The installation instructions don't look too hard. Most, I think, get them for the looks, though some do claim they help with entry (especially for less mobile riders), or improve access to the roof.

I don't think they add much to the Element, and may hurt ground clearance a bit. Actually, their mounting arms may not hang any lower than the gas tank or exhaust parts further in board.

paulj

Last edited:

jim65wagon

CLynn85 said:
He added side steps that got in the way a little bit in places but not too bad.

Been there; done that! I had to delete mine after I tried to follow my neighbors Unlimited and his buddies Ram (on 35's) over a little bump.

Attachments

• tundra step.jpg
    tundra step.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 48

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk