Hostile Lands of SOAZ: Dragoons to Chiricahuas, April 25-27

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
MaddBaggins said:
I'm not bringing our dog. She doesn't like other bitches and looking after her and my daughter is a bit of a chore. If my wife was along to share supervisory duties I would probably bring the dog.

Brad, any word on when/where we're meeting up for friday morning?

Still need the general campsite coordinates from Mark. Assuming we have that, it's not too far away so we could meet for a leasurly breakfast at TTT and roll out of there around 10:00 AM. Does that sound good for the early birds' departure?

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
I'm probably bringing my mongeral. If you don't know what she looks like....she is the black pit bull that will stalking you through camp. Beware, she doesn't bark or growl ... she prefers to sneak up on her victims before going in for the attack. She find children particularly tasty.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
goodtimes said:
I'm probably bringing my mongeral. If you don't know what she looks like....she is the black pit bull that will stalking you through camp. Beware, she doesn't bark or growl ... she prefers to sneak up on her victims before going in for the attack. She find children particularly tasty.

I hang Colorado river toads off my belt. That usualy slows down most sneaking mongerals. :pROFSheriffHL:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Looking at Mark's planning route map, it looks like the first night's camp is targeted for Stronghold Canyon West at around N31 55.817 W109 59.964.

Mark, if you can confirm this, we will find a campsite along the Stronghold Canyon West road. It's one way in and dead ends in the canyon so it should be easy to find each other.

StrongholdCanyon.jpg

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
IIRC, Mark has a specific site in mind....

And my mongeral has no interest in toads. Her only interest is in standing on your foot (to keep you from walking away) and leaning against you while you pay attention to her. Oh, she is probably interested in what ever it is you're eating, too.

articulate

Expedition Leader
Tucson T4R said:
Looking at Mark's planning route map, it looks like the first night's camp is targeted for Stronghold Canyon West . . .
According to The Voices in My Inbox, it's no-can-do in there. Private property is cutting off the path I wanted to take to that place. Okay, I guess it's possible to get back there but I don't want to make us hunt-n-peck.

Anyone recognize these coordinates? Special prize if you do, they're "encrypted":
N31 51 04.1, W110 00 13.0

Say hello to camp. "Hi camp!"

Head there from Middlemarch Road via Tombstone. I wanted to approach this from Dragoon and camp in Stronghold Canyon, but word has it there's no public access there. Private.

Everybody cool?

That's going to be awesome if some of you fellas head out there early on Friday, set up shop, and have the fudgesicles ready. I'll be passing through Tucson near 5:00pm. Hopefully land at camp 7:00 ish? Who'll have a HAM radio in the early crowd? Keep your ears open on 146.460, KE7JLE <<< that's me.

Also, don't be too religious about nailing those coordinates. "Well gee, there's 80 million cow turds here. Oh well!" You have my blessing to locate what needs to be located.

flyingwil said:
Mark-

Whats the game plan on the peps leaving the PHX area?
I'm trying to get out of town at 2:30.

Edit: uh, cute poodle Chuck.

Last edited:

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
articulate said:
Edit: uh, cute poodle Chuck.

What do you expect from a guy with a license plate that reads "fuzzymen"...or something like that. :shakin:

You won't ever let me live down that license plate will ya. Menfozz rules!
--Ursidae69

Last edited by a moderator:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
articulate said:
...........Anyone recognize these coordinates? Special prize if you do, they're "encrypted":
N31 51 04.1, W110 00 13.0

Say hello to camp. "Hi camp!"

Head there from Middlemarch Road via Tombstone. I wanted to approach this from Dragoon and camp in Stronghold Canyon, but word has it there's no public access there. Private.

Everybody cool?

That's going to be awesome if some of you fellas head out there early on Friday, set up shop, and have the fudgesicles ready. I'll be passing through Tucson near 5:00pm. Hopefully land at camp 7:00 ish? Who'll have a HAM radio in the early crowd? Keep your ears open on 146.460, KE7JLE <<< that's me.

Also, don't be too religious about nailing those coordinates. "Well gee, there's 80 million cow turds here. Oh well!" You have my blessing to locate what needs to be located. ................

OK, I think I have it now. :088:

Hi Camp will be in the general area of Tenneeco Well. I don't have HAM so maybe another early bird can pipe up.

HiCamp.jpg

HiCampDetail.jpg

HiCampDetail2.jpg

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Looking at the maps it looks there is a nice cut off dirt road that shortcuts over to Middlemarch road North of Tombstone. Us earlybirds may take this route into camp. :088:

HiCampRoute.jpg

articulate

Expedition Leader
YES. That's worth checking out. There are a few sections of private property along that route - public access may be in question, but most often you can pass through gates. Hit that route. I'll be interested to learn what you learn.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
articulate said:
YES. That's worth checking out. There are a few sections of private property along that route - public access may be in question, but most often you can pass through gates. Hit that route. I'll be interested to learn what you learn.

Will do. I don't mind a few gates. We are leaving early enough so if we run into a roadblock it won't be a big deal to turn around and take Middlemarch out of Tombstone.

erin

Explorer
Are you talking about the Middle march road, west of Tombstone that goes into the south end of the Cochise Strongold/China camp? If so, are you planning on the China Camp, east side of the Stronghold?

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
erin said:
Are you talking about the Middle march road, west of Tombstone that goes into the south end of the Cochise Strongold/China camp? If so, are you planning on the China Camp, east side of the Stronghold?

Erin,

See the maps above. The Hi camp is NE of Tombstone, just North of Middlemarch Road in the South Western foothills of the Dragoons.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Earlybirds post up

So who else is planning on meeting at the TTT (I10, South of Tucson) for Friday breakfast with a head out at 10:00 AM?

So far I have:

1. Me
2. Alvin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk