How do you store your trailer?

ratled

Adventurer
I have an m416 trailer with extended tongue, fj60 axle, on 33x10.50s. We are moving to a place with an HOA and the trailer must go in the garage. How do you store your trailer? I am thinking it could tilt backwards with the tongue up and make some kind of support to keep it safely upright, then park the passenger car underneath it. How do you store your trailer, will this work? Garage is a standard 2 car garage, about 20x20.

In a similar position as you but looking for the trailer. I know what I want but the HOA says no. What I did find out, and may be help to you, is if it can't be seen from the street then you can park it on the side of the house. Our problem is we have short fence........

Porkchopexpress

I am also in a neighborhood that doesn’t allow trailers so I am looking at a couple options.
Plan A is buy/build something light and small enough that I can pull it into the side yard by hand, cover it with a tarp that blends into the landscaping and maybe block it from view with lattice work or a plant.
Plan B is to put it in the garage, but I only have a 2 car.
Either way it needs to be relatively small. I am also thinking of including a fold away coupler in the design like the one I linked below. Anyone have any knowledge of how well they hold up under abuse?

https://www.trailerjacks.com/Fulton...S3jAJhpBCqyZKwhQAja1QNBvoAM6cZxxoCZugQAvD_BwE

grogie

Like to Camp
I also have an HOA, which I don't mind.

So ... I own a rental that has a large two car garage, which was actually on the list when I was looking for a rental to buy! Apart of the agreement is that I maintain use of half of the garage, which the trailer is there full-time, and my Jeep gets parked in it over the winter.

thebmrust

I've seen some dolly devices that race car builders use to weld up a frame or roll cage. Think of a engine hoist on steroids.

They attach to front and back of the car and can allow a complete rotation of the vehicle.

I wonder if that would work for trailers? Attache to front and back receivers... rotate 90* then wheel it to a side or back wall.

FosterWV

Baller On A Budget
To shorten the 6' tongue I used this, maybe it would allow you turn it sideways in the garage and have enough room to park the 40 also?

IMG_1330.PNG

SoDakSooner

Adventurer
My dilemna is that I am moving but giving up a spot. At least I am not in an HOA, but I am the last house....literally, before it starts. I had 4 garage spots in my old house, and will now have 3. Had the boat and the trailer in one, cars in the other. For now am parking the trailer in the driveway in front of the boat spot (extra deep bay but still 5 feet shorter than my other garage). The old garage was nice because I could take off the RTT and rack and store inside and use the trailer to haul stuff.

Still trying to figure it all out.

Glad YOU found a solution.

honda250xtitan

In my garage/driveway. ITS ALWAYS IN THE DAMN WAY THOUGH. This fall I hope to build an RV sliding gate from the alley to behind my garage and pour a slab/build a covered spot for it.

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
...So we decided against the new-built town home in the burbs for a small home in the city with graffiti on the fence and occasional shootings...

So you are willing to put your families personal and finacial safety on the line for a camping trailer... Wow.

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
I say damn HOA

They are a double edge sword for sure. Here they keep the shady home rental companies and undesirable renters out, they make sure people take care of their homes, they patrol. At the same time they are nitpicky about cars in driveways with no tags, lights for holidays, the design of a fence etc. For me it's totally worth $50 a month to keep people that don't respect themselves enough that they treat their possessions like garbage away from where people do care.

Romer

Adventurer
I store mine in my Garage. I had a new Jayco Baja Offroad camper that sat in my driveway and over two years the wear from the weather was much worse than the wear from use. My daughters moved out and I have always saved a spot for my camper inside. The AT Horizon, Kimberley Kamper and now Kimberley Karavan all fit in my garage. That was the criteria when I bought the Karavan. There was a much nicer unit Kimberley offered, but it would not fit in my garage. Inside I figure it will last longer than I will and I will be able to use it a lot more when I retire in a few years

Sad that you have to be older typically to afford nicer toys :)
img_0331-jpg.1762579

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal