How do you travel with your pets?

lugueto

Adventurer
Three Huskies will be a lot less manageable.

I have a Jack Russell Terrier and a Flat Coat Retriever. Before I got the Flatcoat, the Jack Russell traveled with the passengers (mostly in the front seat). Afterwards I knew I needed a solution to travel with both dogs. The solution needed to fit both of them in it comfortably, needed to protect my dogs from the cargo I had in the rear of the truck and needed to take up as little space as possible.

The solution I went with is a collapsible square cage and a matching bed to avoid them traveling with the wire mesh below them. The reasons for this are 1) because its square and doesn't take up space oddly in my 3 door Land Cruiser (real estate is a premium). 2) I can tie it down safely and easily put cargo on top of it while strapping the cargo to the cage itself. 3) weight is low. 4) It stows away easily and takes up little to no space while not in use. 5) It doesn't make the dogs feel like they're locked up and they can breathe easily (no closed walls). The only downside I find is that it's really big, but since it's perfectly square I can organize my cargo area nicely. Also, even though the bed does a rather good job of keeping the fur, mud, dirt, water, etc. Off of the truck, it will never be as good as the plastic tub a regular kennel has.

I will try to post pics tomorrow.

Last edited:

GregSplett

Adventurer
I have 3 siberian huskies. I am looking for a solid way to transport them on our outdoor events. They will be in the bed of my double cab tacoma. I do not want to simply let them roam back there or strap their leash in.

I plan on getting some type of snug top/cap and hopefully building some type of 3 dog kennel for added safety and security.

I know there are some animal people in here, does anyone have any photos with their dogs in transit? Inside the cab is not an option as there are 4 of us.

I am curios,so the answer was?

I do not think three siberian Huskies would be feasible in the cab of a Truck anyways.I have one german shepard that gets up front when it warms up,I can not imagine three sled dogs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad