How to build your own Carbon Fiber Camper making your own Composite/Foam panels.

ebrabaek

Adventurer
You actually considering building them?
I am not.
I will never be able to make anything on them as no one will shell out the 15K'ish plus it would take to break even.
Perhaps I did a lousy way of explaining the logo. I have had several local and transient people inquiring where on earth I got this and I thought it would be cool to stick a logo on it. Perhaps that is my ego talking here..... ha ha.... but I'm quite proud of it.

ITTOG

I am not.
I will never be able to make anything on them as no one will shell out the 15K'ish plus it would take to break even.
Perhaps I did a lousy way of explaining the logo. I have had several local and transient people inquiring where on earth I got this and I thought it would be cool to stick a logo on it. Perhaps that is my ego talking here..... ha ha.... but I'm quite proud of it.
The logo can say home built. There are stickers on eBay with that wording.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

ebrabaek

Adventurer
The logo can say home built. There are stickers on eBay with that wording.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk
Yessir.
I'm gonna take it a step further.
I have used my signature as base in the past and I am thinking a double layer of a layup.
Inner kevlar in whatever color then outer carbon which will expose the inner kevlar logo which is my signature design.
Way to much time for a simple logo.....
But I kinda dig it.....

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Ordered solar panel and controller yesterday, along with LED pods for inside and out illumination. Turns out the Ford F150 Powerboost has an issue charging or should I say maintaining the 12VDC battery under the hood and after 5000 miles mine is running low not being charged well. Simple fix as I was going to run 12VDC back to the camper anyway.
I will start this in the end of Oct.

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Along this project I wanted to bring 12vdc as well as usb ports in the truck bed.
Not a fan of drilling in alloys if I can help it so I used the plastic inserts already in place. For strength I overlaid a few layers of carbon fiber and bonded it to the plastic. The Schrader valves are for the Firestone airbags. Solar panel and charger is next.
20241014_134724.jpg
20241014_144532.jpg
20241014_144528.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay2thaC