How to use High Lift jack with Montero Gen 3

katossi

Hi guys,

I just bought a High Lift jack and to my surprise it seems I can't find the proper jack point in my Montero Gen 3. Can anyone bring some light on this topic?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Guillermo

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Get yourself a set of new bumpers and sliders to use that jack with...

You're setting this up for your wife right? "So the guys in Exportal say i need bumpers and sliders to be able to use this new jack to change tires..."

katossi

I thought about the lift-mate but, is it the only way? I don´t have any other jack so if I have to change a wheel in a trail the lift-mate won´t be that helpful.

I have custom made sliders, but I´m not sure they´d be able to hold the 2.5 tons...

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Most modern SUVs wont have a place for a highlift jack point. You will need front and rear bumpers along with sliders to accommodate that.

katossi

Thank you guys! I'll see what I can do with the sliders. They're indeed bolted to the frame rails but I'm not so sure about it that 'connection' could support the weight.

kbahus

Adventurer
Try and find a factory or similar bottle jack. There are specific points on the control arms the factory jack fits in and works relatively well. It also has a nice little home in the trunk well. If you have to change a flat the hilift will be of little use when using the lift mate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk

Members online