Humvette and Fat Elvis Update

Humvette

Adventurer
FatElvis is gettin some parts :)
Well i just bought a 230amp alternator and CCV mod from Stealth Automotive. My scan2gauge was reading 11.5-12.8v at the highest. I figured this was a little low and i had put 2 new yellow tops in it the month before. Then i had some starting issues. It was taking 7-8 seconds of cranking to start. The truck always took a long time, but this was rediculious. Therefore I took it to the Ford Dealer only because the previous owner had an extended engine warranty. I thought an alternator (on the engine) would be covered, but it was not. I then went to start the truck and they must have signalled it from the service department to not, LOL. Then it had to be towed to where they work on it $100. M... F... LOL. It ended up being the HPOP SCT fitting and HPOP crossover tubes. The o-rings were cut. Well i got the truck back and man it is soo much faster. I guess the injectors were not getting full oil pressure. Yes these are electric actuated and hydrolic powered injectors on them darn PowerStrokes :ylsmoke: Now the truck starts in about 1 second, like it should.

I also got some new custom tunes to play with from Mike Penfield at MKM Customs :smiley_drive: I will report back on the mileage tests :)

Alternator
http://www.stealth-automotive.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=1500

CCV
http://www.stealth-automotive.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=1372

:drool:

bftank

Explorer
sorry to hear about that. hopefully your insurance company is easy to work with and will replace everything for you.

Humvette

Adventurer
They handled it very well. I just got married last month and we cannot rationalize buying another truck :( but i am getting a low mileage BMW M3 :) i need it for the gas mileage
I mainly bought the truck cuz i got it for super cheap. I still have the Hummer for EXPO! and i know a lot of people that will let me borrow there truck. I do miss the ol truck though. I know i will get another one some day

Now that my rotations to Angola are done i will have a lot more time to EXPO!!!

More Hummer pics to come...

I cannot wait to go on an offroad trip from people from this forum. :drool:

I love all types of vehicles!

I have not rode in any of these vehicles, with the exception of a late 70s Jeep Cherokee in red/white and Indian trim. My Dad had a Scout 80 for the first 9 years of my life.

We may be able to do something soon... My Scout II is supposed to be done the middle of next month, I suspect. There will be a lot of driving to get the bugs out before a majorly trip coming up someday, though. I can hardly wait to put the first tank of gas before I drive it back home.

As you can see in my signature, I'm having the Scout converted to manual 4WD.

Don't worry expo crowd, it will not be getting any bigger.

You lie!! Before you know it, I'm driving along, and there's this dark green machine behind me on the street, and it goes OVER my Scout II, 15 feet tall and two lanes wide with 6 feet of clearance underneath. Forget parking at Whole Foods Market...

Humvette

Adventurer
Well i decided against the M3 ...

I will be picking up a 2008 STI shortly :)

The truck was stolen from the Galaria on a Friday afternoon.

Humvette

Adventurer
I will post pics when i get it home :)

The subaru EXPO project inspired me a lil. I have had 2 subarus before this one

Humvette

Adventurer
Well i did a little bit of a switcharrooo...

I just bought and pick up on Wed a 2008 Ford F250 King Ranch 4x4 Crew Cab Short Bed :wings:

The subaru would not have been big enough when we start a family. It could not tow the hummer and would not be as quite or smooth on the Hwy. Plus i will be putting 25k a year on the truck and i need to keep it for a long time...

:Wow1: Just hope this one does not get stolen.

http://www.ravelco.com/superduty.html

This is what i think happened to me :(

bmxdannyo

Adventurer
Contracts of the new ride! Let's see some pics. Down here in san Antonio I know a few people who have had their superdutys stolen. I think its worth it for those tracking chips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues