I.I.F.I.F.M. Trailer Build

Backroad Explorer

Adventurer
Craig I don"t know we bought it used from a vender at the Cascade Flea Market here in Idaho for a 100 bucks.

I will look and see if I can find a Mfg. on it. It sure makes it nice on a Hot Summers Day.

zukrider

Explorer
Oh man! glad i saw this!

start with i love the hose. love the view. still love the sami!

cool trailer, cant wait to see fruit. if im ever up that way, will give you a holler!

Dirtytires

Explorer
That is a hell of a deal for 100 bucks..A lot cheaper than building a garage.. Some contractor up here
want to charge 23 grand to put a one car garage up.. I say helll nooo. I can sweat a little..

Backroad Explorer

Adventurer
Update Round 2

Hi Everyone I didn't realize how long it's been since I have posted here. How time flies when your busy. Not much progress on the trailer lately.

I think i'm shifting directions on the trailer. I came across another I.I.F.I.F.M. DEAL on a different trailer.So this is what I picked up this evening

I.I.F.I.F.M. 2
DSCF1346_zps2965e161.jpg

DSCF1347_zpsad933aa2.jpg

DSCF1348_zps6bf201be.jpg

DSCF1349_zps1d695b16.jpg

DSCF1351_zpsad2a583e.jpg

It was stored in a barn for 1 1/2 Years & some mice got inside and had a little fun with the matress & Tent Material. Tomorrow I will open her up a take a look.
I will post pic's when I get it up :eek: .

Backroad Explorer

Adventurer
The Old at the right time kinda thing. It definitley does not happen often!

It's not as bad as I thougt it might be. The mice did not do as bad a job as the old owner lead me to believe. Some mildew issues but not serious. Looks like all the outer canvas except the front left corner is O.K.so far. It definitley needs to be air'd out before any more progress.

This Evenings Pic's

DSCF1353_zps25473a9d.jpg

DSCF1356_zpsf4d53f88.jpg

DSCF1358_zps7e772e20.jpg

DSCF1359_zpsd9ed0043.jpg

DSCF1360_zps9865c4bc.jpg

DSCF1364_zpsebd8e0cd.jpg

I think a gallon of fabreeze ought to help it.

Sorry if there are too many pictures.

Backroad Explorer

Adventurer
Hey Septu how about posting a pic of the first one for me?

I might use the same tank on the new trailer and plumb it with marine quick disconnect fuel fittings to a dual tank selector valve. That way I can run on the rear tank while driving down the Hiway then switch to the front for off road & disconnect the rear for Safety.

Septu

Explorer
Hey Septu how about posting a pic of the first one for me?

I might use the same tank on the new trailer and plumb it with marine quick disconnect fuel fittings to a dual tank selector valve. That way I can run on the rear tank while driving down the Hiway then switch to the front for off road & disconnect the rear for Safety.

I just quoted your post from earlier... But I like that idea even better. Would cost a bit more (full pump, etc), but would likely be a bit more useful.

Backroad Explorer

Adventurer
Septu no fuel pump involved.
Just a dual tank selector valve & a switch. I will mount the DTSV to the rear frame rail on the truck and run braided fuel hose to the quick disconnect on the rear bumper.
Just fill up, then while driving down the road switch from truck to trailer tank and vice versa to disconnect the trailer for off-road Safety.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk