i wanna buy a disco 2 but................

dcarr1971

Adventurer
Rovers are a labor of love (and sometimes hate). Take care of them the right way, and they'll take care of you.

...but i would personally want both a toyota and a land rover...
There is sound logic in this idea, I have a D2, a D1, and a Toyota.

...rover for the local trips, toyota for the long ones.
IMO, This is where your logic goes off the rails though. Use the Toyota locally since it won't be nearly as cushy as a Rover (OK...at least a RR or Disco) on longer trips.

I found some interesting reading at http://www.reliabilityindex.com.

I looked at the two mid range (well we call them mid range) 4wd's that I'm looking at - Prado v Disco 2

Disco broke down more often..

Prado Broke down less often but was off the road twice as long and cost twice as much to fix.

So make of that what you will...

I currently have a R50 Pathfinder but they don't list it... :-(

Sort of confirmed by my Daughter's ex's Prado. We did a Birdsville Track trip, during the trip the Prado cracked the dash (common fault), starter motor sprag clutch die (common fault) and the new clutch started making awful noises. The local toyota dealer took 8 weeks to fix it. After he got it back the gearbox was still playing up..

During the trip the Pathfinder was not fault free. One of the Firestone airbags air line popped off, the mechanic put it back on at the Birdsville Roadhouse for free. :) I later found the bag was faulty and was replaced for free by Firestone.

The head said R50 Pathfinder as they are so reliable but the heart said Disco 2 TD5...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy