icon may begin to produce a defender model?

r3run33

Adventurer
Hello heard a rumor that Icon company may begin to produce a defender model?? has anyone else heard this or have any info??

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
They have built 1 or two... they have a 110 SW at SEMA this week. In my opinion it's ugly and misses the mark widely, but some may disagree.

The basic idea is great: a Defender with a 500hp LS V8, 6 speed auto, Atlas II, and ProRock 60's. But the "styling enhancements" they have executed on the poor thing are atrocious.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
They did a lot of cool stuff, but like Adam said, they didn't hit the marque....

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
They did a lot of cool stuff, but like Adam said, they didn't hit the marque....

12710061ec1b8ec6b7fa09807a2b4f6c7c208950ddab1952d95037fcb0c754fc.jpg

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
You know I almost really like the black Icon 90... but how could they strike out on the front and rear bumpers so badly? I was under the impression their whole design philosophy was to appreciate and enhance the original deign of the vehicle (hence their FJ, CJ, and Bronco). Those bumper designs show zero understanding of the "icon" status of the Defender.

JSBriggs

Adventurer
You know I almost really like the black Icon 90... but how could they strike out on the front and rear bumpers so badly? I was under the impression their whole design philosophy was to appreciate and enhance the original deign of the vehicle (hence their FJ, CJ, and Bronco). Those bumper designs show zero understanding of the "icon" status of the Defender.

They lost me at 18" wheels. I think the Nene ones need a heartbeat pinstripe across the windows. But I think you are looking the bumper all wrong. It emulates the rear crossmember! :).

-Jeff

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
In my mind nobody builds a better Defender than Land Rover, and ECR after that.

toddz69

Explorer
I saw the 110 at SEMA and was surprised how much I liked it. I'm not crazy about the 90 iteration.

I enjoy the OEMs much more with this model too.

Todd Z.

r3run33

Adventurer
I was not at Sema but when I looked for pics I found this one and thought it was the icon one

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 30

r3run33

Adventurer
Actually if the keep the basic version ; bumpers etc are all subjective just like tire brands! Everyone has their own favotite

r3run33

Adventurer
The problem is the price; if these sell at what the were charging for the Toyota copy I just can't afford that! I believe I seen one and the base price was 140,000

junkyddog11

Oil Soaked Filter
The 90's bumper looks like someone trying to capitalize on the inflated bottom lip look that seems to be so in vogue with the 'i want to look like Angelina' crowd.

Makes me want to wrap my head in am American flag bandanna and bolt a slab of Oak on the front of my truck (yes, live edge)…………...

Actually if the keep the basic version ; bumpers etc are all subjective just like tire brands! Everyone has their own favotite

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven