Ignik Fire Pits on sale at REI (25% off)

NatersXJ6

Explorer
I did not know about these. Will the various DIY guys that posted similar efforts over the years start kicking themselves now?

NatersXJ6

Explorer
So I just left REI and they had several of the cans, but I passed because the propane hookup protrudes from the side of the van about 1.5”. Does this keep it from being mounted in an ammo can holder?

I see the picture of the “deluxe” can looks to have a better design, but they didn’t have any locally.

MiamiC70

So I just left REI and they had several of the cans, but I passed because the propane hookup protrudes from the side of the van about 1.5”. Does this keep it from being mounted in an ammo can holder?

I see the picture of the “deluxe” can looks to have a better design, but they didn’t have any locally.
You can unscrew it and then nothing protrudes. The propane intake line is ********** dab in the middle of ammo box where the folding legs meet so they didn’t have enough space the intake to pass to end of can when legs folded if rand it lengthwise. On the Deluxe they moved the intakes to about 1/3 from the edge and there is enough room even with legs folded for intake lines to exit non ends of can.

That said, I can’t believe someone at Ignik didn’t think of that from day one And have zero interest in the deluxe as no ammo can fire pit seems to be a compelling to grill on.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater