Illinois yeah illinois... motoring the rural enviroment

Silver dude

Xplorer
Neat trip! Love these kinds of explorations. Everyone's always fawning over mountains and canyons, but just taking the side roads away from Generic America is fulfilling to me, too. Reminds me of trips we'd take back east, mostly to find a place to camp or ride in southern IL or all over MO. Thanks for all the photos!

Generic America I love that description! I was initially worried that perhaps simpler trips like this wouldn't float much interest. I agree to some extent I can only view so many photos of Moab or Death valley before its well, repetitive. Makes me wonder if everyone posted their trips no matter how small what kind of material we would see.

very well written!!! A+
Thanks!

Funny thing Silver. The wife and I camped at Lock 17 (Hennepin Canal) this weekend. Just got home! It was great only one other camper in there and very quiet. Tough to find camping like that in Illinois.

Haha awesome, I am slightly jealous it looked like a great area to camp. Seemed like everywhere I went crowds were in short supply. Parks along the Hennepin were quite nice. I gave thought to maybe kayaking the canal but then I realized it has little to no current.

A big Ditto!! Very very cool adventure and pictures. I learned a lot from your narrative and pictures as I have never been in Ill. THAT would be a most wonderful Motorcycle or Mountain Bike adventure!!!

Never thought of a Bicycle expedition that would be quite epic as well! This trip really made me thirst for a dual sport bike. Would of been easier to maintain speed as well as bask in the environment.

beags86

Adventurer
Wow great trip. I never knew there was a canal there, I am from Rockford....well Freeport... Well Dakota. If you know where that is. Next time I am back to see my folks I just might have to check that canal out!
Makes me miss my homeland. Maybe it's not so bad back there after all.

beags86

Adventurer
Wow I was mapping this turns out I have driven over this hundreds or times! Used to date a girl...yada yada yada. Never know what your driving over I guess.

Heavy Metal

Great report! After living in Colorado for a few years stuff like this is sorta inspiring. I'm in Ohio now and thankfully at least we have the southeast quadrant. God bless the hills!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven