i'm missing a very large part...

spikemd

Explorer
What a freakin' idiot! He should be taken out to the pasture and shot :ar15:...

no RUNOVER! I can't believe what what that poor Rangie went through...

Look like you are going to have to tear the engine apart, check the heads for warpage, check the block for slipped liners, check everything...

Well, you can look at it in two ways...

You spend the time and money to fix it right and then you know you have a solid rig, but that may include the VC, transfer case, possibly a new engine and who knows what else he screwed up...

Or it may not be cost effective and you part out the remaining good stuff and look for another. There are plenty of good examples out there for a reasonable price from responsible owners. :safari-rig:

PKG P38

Observer
What a freakin' idiot! He should be taken out to the pasture and shot :ar15:...

no RUNOVER! I can't believe what what that poor Rangie went through...

Look like you are going to have to tear the engine apart, check the heads for warpage, check the block for slipped liners, check everything...

Well, you can look at it in two ways...

You spend the time and money to fix it right and then you know you have a solid rig, but that may include the VC, transfer case, possibly a new engine and who knows what else he screwed up...

Or it may not be cost effective and you part out the remaining good stuff and look for another. There are plenty of good examples out there for a reasonable price from responsible owners. :safari-rig:

i'm pretty much committed not to part this one out. honestly, IMO its just too damn nice to do so. plus, i'm going to get a lot more satisfaction in the long run knowing all the ins and outs of my RR -- knowing that its going to be solid and reliable no matter where it goes. there's never been a project too big that me and my buddy can't handle or can't fix. sometimes it takes a while, but we don't cut corners and make sure its done right the first time.

i wouldn't have been able to grow my current fleet of cars otherwise, and my BMW 6 series is a testament to that. what started off as a $150 project car has turned into one of the most rewarding and reliable vehicles i've ever owned that i wouldn't hesitate to drive across the country and back....and i've done it a lot cheaper than buying one that didn't need some attention.

built...not bought sometimes goes a long ways :D

so i guess everyone can look forward to keeping up with this thread. watch me turn this lost cause into the great truck that it deserves to be once again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven