Inchworm Gear E Locker Controller wiring

JeepTreeHouse

Adventurer
Anyone install one of these and have the instructions? I just bought a 4runner with an e locker and this exact switch for it but it was either not properly installed or not completed.

Does anyone have the instructions as to which wire goes to which pin on the switch itself. This would be greatly appreciated.

I know that its the same kit because it even has the resistor that almost burned my hand off while I was trying to figure it out.

http://www.inchwormgear.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=36

Any help is appreciated.

Josh

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
I think I have it but it's probable its more than like in the bottom of box in my closet somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

When I had mine wired up I had the salvage yard pull the factory switch and a chunk of the wiring for it and just spliced it with the factory wiring that came up from the elocker back on the axle.

JeepTreeHouse

Adventurer
Yeah if you could scan in the switch wiring diagram that would be extremely helpful. The way it was wired when I bought the truck does nothing to the locker but makes the resistor scalding hot.

RusM

Adventurer
Anyone install one of these and have the instructions? I just bought a 4runner with an e locker and this exact switch for it but it was either not properly installed or not completed.

Does anyone have the instructions as to which wire goes to which pin on the switch itself. This would be greatly appreciated.

I know that its the same kit because it even has the resistor that almost burned my hand off while I was trying to figure it out.

http://www.inchwormgear.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=36

Any help is appreciated.

Josh

Here you go, e-locker wiring, :elkgrin:.

JeepTreeHouse

Adventurer
ok, so are there any common problems with wiring up this kit? I have checked the previous owners wiring and they are all correct accrding to the diagram posted.

The lock light still does not come on and after being switched for less than 3 minutes, the resistor got so hot that it started to burn the electrical tape on the ends of the terminals. Somewhere somethings not right.

Could this be a broken or faulty e locker motor or assembly?

4x4mike

Adventurer
The light won't turn on until the actuator is engaged. I think the resistor getting hot is a different issue although you may have a seperate problem at the locker motor. Google your problem and you'll find write ups on how to manually lock or unlock the 3rd and also how to clean out components. This would be my plan of action as it appears you've already checked the electrical components of the harness.

I did the e locker retrofit for my 3rd gen and used a factory ECU to avoid problems like these. The ecu is a pretty simple piece but it has some safety features built in if wired correctly. The fact mine mimics a factory set up increases my chances of trouble shooting and solid reliability.

runner88

Problem solved. It was the resistor. Once taken out of the loop everything works fine.

Cool.

I wired mine without the resistor and it works fine. I also used a momentary toggle switch just in case. I have to hold the switch for a second or two untill fully engaged or disengaged, but i feel a little better knowing that 12+ isn't being sent to the lockers when not needed. Also added a toggle switch for safety.

Here's a link to where I bought the switches from:
http://www.otrattw.com/

Attachments

• IMG_8233.JPG
    IMG_8233.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 17

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3