INEOS Grenadier

utherjorge

Observer
So, according to their map, I might be able to take it to another country (Canada) to get my shiny new rig serviced. Otherwise, it's something like an 8 hour drive to get my truck to Philly or New York to get service, or repair?

That's bananas.

Fishenough

Creeper
$90k USD…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6 figures Canadian. I could buy one but not being rich I would not offroad, overland as I do, which is what the Grenadier was built for. Too much invested to 'beat on it'.

In my home area I travel down many abandoned forestry service roads which will even scrap paint on a bicycle

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
So north of 100k CAD for a higher trim IG, with no listed service centers on the continent I live on. Where do I sign?

Could get a stripped down work trim super cab heavy half from Ford for around 60 CAD, maybe a bit less. About 78K for a Supercab 6.75' bed Super Duty with a 7.3 V8 if I want more payload and towing and higher duty cycle designed in.

I dunno I'm essentially priced out of the vehicle market now, unless vehicles drop 10-12K on trucks, or I go back to working 60-70 hours a week.
You can still buy a detached home in a neighborhood you won't immediately be stabbed in for 220k in my city. Can't pay 100k+ for a boutique vehicle.
North of 100K CDN for a BASE model with just a few options!

wow-shocked.gif

utherjorge

Observer
I think this whole deal is pretty cool for what it is. I still hate the BMW motor, but I've read a bunch about it and many people appear not just fine with it, but excited for it. OK!

But the lack of service centers is going to be the nail in the coffin that prevents this from being a widespread success.

And no one may care. If this thing truly rips and performs its duties well, no one will care. They may also want to only sell 300 a year in the US. No clue on their sales targets...and they'll sell those out in no time.

Unlike Rivian, replacing a bumper from a fender bender won't cost tens of thousands of dollars.

ABBB

I think this whole deal is pretty cool for what it is. I still hate the BMW motor, but I've read a bunch about it and many people appear not just fine with it, but excited for it. OK!

But the lack of service centers is going to be the nail in the coffin that prevents this from being a widespread success.

And no one may care. If this thing truly rips and performs its duties well, no one will care. They may also want to only sell 300 a year in the US. No clue on their sales targets...and they'll sell those out in no time.

Unlike Rivian, replacing a bumper from a fender bender won't cost tens of thousands of dollars.

If comparing to Rivian, who also have no dealerships, I expect Ineos will need a far-reaching network of remote techs, which Rivian utilizes. From what I’ve heard, that’s working out well for Rivian thus far. Don’t see why it wouldn’t work out for the IG too. The only difference so far being that Rivian had the good sense to share their plans and ideas with the public to build confidence in their product and help ease legit concerns and worried minds about what will be done when inevitable issues arise and maintenance is needed. Why IG isn’t doing this I can’t understand for the life of me. Half of the conversations happening presently wouldn’t be if they’d simply handle the rollout differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plh

Explorer
Annual target is 50K globally - probably half in USA because we have the $

givemethewillys

Jonathan Chouinard
I'm much more of a pickup guy than an SUV guy, so I love this! It's a tough pill to swallow $90k though for a commodity. Maybe in another 5-10 years I'll pick a used one up from a soccer mom trophy wife, who knows

BuckinghamBuilt

I'm much more of a pickup guy than an SUV guy, so I love this! It's a tough pill to swallow $90k though for a commodity. Maybe in another 5-10 years I'll pick a used one up from a soccer mom trophy wife, who knows
I was surprised they were releasing the "truck version" and I don't need it but I want it. Its going to be hard to break me away from my 2020 Power Wagon but this would be the truck to get me to move down to a mid-size truck (is this considered mid-size?).

On paper I like the payload and towing #'s.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Truck with a factory canvas top looks pretty cool, my only gripe is the spare tire in the bed, don’t want it on the roof, maybe an aftermarket swing out behind the tailgate?

MFurey

The upcoming generation of trucks from long time manufacturers are offering very strong products for wheeling/overlanding in the US, and probably for a lot less. Also, I'm concerned about the functionality of the bed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl