Interco LTB 34X10.50-16LT

LR Max

Local Oaf
i got 40k on a set on my 88 Stanford and 15 on my big heavy.service truck.

Dang that is impressive! I was planning on getting about 20k out of mine. But in reality I *might* put 1k on them a year so they have a lot of tread left on them. Kinda wish they would die so I could put a new set on!

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Member Coloradobill ran 34X10.50-16 LTB’s on his old Ram Charger a few years ago and liked them. Off-road they are second to none and they love to chop through snow. On road, they are typical Super Swampers….. :ylsmoke:

1188957116_e256acd129_b.jpg

34 x 16’s LTBs on the Ram Charger/Q78-16’s TSLs on the K10.
1188089109_95fe31f30a_b.jpg

Part time I run Q78’s on my K10 and love them for local mountain trips. For longer trips to the Southwestern Deserts, I’d rather bolt on the radial all-terrains just to save on paved road tire wear (heavy truck with a rear Detroit locker = rapid tire wear). Some complain of the noise, but the tire noise of a Super Swamper is not noise to me, it is music! Love them!

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Member Coloradobill ran 34X10.50-16 LTB's on his old Ram Charger a few years ago and liked them. Off-road they are second to none and they love to chop through snow. On road, they are typical Super Swampers….. :ylsmoke:

1188957116_e256acd129_b.jpg

34 x 16's LTBs on the Ram Charger/Q78-16's TSLs on the K10.
1188089109_95fe31f30a_b.jpg

Part time I run Q78's on my K10 and love them for local mountain trips. For longer trips to the Southwestern Deserts, I'd rather bolt on the radial all-terrains just to save on paved road tire wear (heavy truck with a rear Detroit locker = rapid tire wear). Some complain of the noise, but the tire noise of a Super Swamper is not noise to me, it is music! Love them!

Those areas look familiar, where was that?

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Those areas look familiar, where was that?

I can’t recall the actual name of the trail but it is in Chaffee County, CO near Taylor Park Reservoir. This trail takes you to the little bity Taylor Lake. Decent fishing up in that country too but I have never been to that lake when it wasn't raining. It always rains like crazy up there.

Has some neat trail features too like driving through the boulder lined creek bed for about ¼ mile followed by a steep rocky climb at the other end. Perfect trail for Super Swampers :snorkel:
1188956090_04a31642e4_z.jpg

2801590709_73147730b4_z.jpg

Stone_Blue

Adventurer
I had Interco Truxus. Biggest waste of money ever on tires.

Stay away - they are garbage tires unless you are building a buggy. Even then I wouldn't run them.

Yes, the Trxus are worthless...They have all the negative aspects of a good off-road tire being used on the road, and none of the positive aspects when really used off-road...They were designed for mall-crawlers...The rest of the Intercos are really good tires for off-road use, which is what they are really intended for. That being said, I ran a set of TSL-SSRs on my 99 Taco that saw 95% highway...Granted, these were radials, and they did balance well, rode and handled well on the street. They were louder than street or AT tires, but I didnt think they were very loud at all. Only issue I had was they were worn to where they wouldnt pass inspection after only about 35K.

I was considering the 34" LTBs last year when I got new tires...The only thing that stopped me from going with them, was, I was installing a lift at the same time, and had no real idea if the LTBs would fit...So I went with a 255/85..Now I wish I HAD gone with LTBs, as I know they would fit now...

RussellZ

I ran a set on my old diesel K5 Jimmy and absolutely loved them! Hands down the best offroad tire I have ever owned. I wish they made them in 37 - 38", I'd buy a set in a heart beat!

jeepfreak81

Adventurer
Love my 34x9.5 tires, but they are on a very light flatfender so they don't wear fast at all.

If there is a bottom they will find it.

Goul6891

I'm running these on my D/D LJ. This is my third summer on them. I was skeptical to run a bias after limited experience with Polyglas GT tires on our AMX.

I have about 30K miles so far, and still about ¼" of thread left in the middle, lots on the sides.

Great tire for offroad, you always have traction. My set of 5 had only one way out of balance, but my shop got it to balance with traditional weights. No death wobble, even up to 90mph. Mild flat spotting on cold mornings, and run them at 15psi on/off road. They are noisy, but I don't mind ;)

If you have a long commute daily, something a little less aggressive would probably be better.

They've been awesome to me, next set will be some Q78s.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374211936766.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374211936766.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 19
  • uploadfromtaptalk1374212343896.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374212343896.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 18
  • uploadfromtaptalk1374212386812.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374212386812.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 18

telemike

SE Expedition Society
About 14 years ago, I had the then new 33 x 10.50R15 radial Super Swampers. They were not bad on the road, typical B17 bomber noise. Soft rubber, but off-road, the were awesome.

jluck

Adventurer
LTB thread....Right?

I have had a few sets of the LTB's. I personally loved them! Price point is fair if someone wants that aggressive of tire. I might get a set of the 34's for my suburban soon. I had one set on my FJ60 and that thing was unstoppable!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat