Interesting find today..

MarcFJ60

Adventurer
Is that the place off Backlick/Alban just West of I95? It's an armoring place (obviously). I guess I thought they only did Suburbans, but I suppose they could get a contract for anything. If that's the place, I'll have to swing by there just to check out the imports.

lugueto

Adventurer
Those are factory snorkels. Also, they are heavily armored (My guess would be up to maybe a .223).

Tacoma13SR5

Observer
Probably for the contractors in Afghanistan. Both tours over there, that's all contractors drove. That and some specops guys. Those things are fun to drive, even while weighing over 10K GVW.

98 SNAKE EATER

Adventurer
Spotted this one at a rest area in Virginia last October

virginiacruiser701.JPG

virginiacruiser702.JPG

onemanarmy

Explorer
Def. UN vehicles. You see them on TV all the time in the news.

We (the taxpayer) buy them from Japan, pays to ship them here, pays to armor them, and then pays to ship them back to some country where they are given away.

there's like 50 things wrong with that.

tyv12

Adventurer
Pretty brutal when ISIS is cruising around in vehicles supplied by the USA for other groups but end up in their hands sadly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoShenVal

Hey folks,
New here as of a few minutes ago. Been lurking around for the last month or so. I picked up a wrecked but repairable '94 Cruiser, not locked. These are State Dept. vehicles. I work at the end of the side street they are on. They get in some really serious pieces. Yes they do armor these vehicles. You should see the spring packs. The Suburbans they do have larger spring packs than my 2500HD. They rated for 10,000 lbs. just on the rear...

NoShenVal

My apologies, I miss typed. The vehicles once they are armored weigh in at about 10,000 lbs. according to one of the guys that work over there. I have also seen multiple Lenco built armored cars that are 4x4s with gun turrets on the roofs and are Powerstroke twin turbo units. Yes some of the vehicles are diesels and are not sold here in the U.S. I begin drooling some days wishing they were sold here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl