Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

I'd like to show y'all what the alu-cab is replacing.

I have a 2004 4wheelcamper eagle model on a home made aluminum flat bed . It will he up for sale one day. I've got repairs to be made before I feel it's worth of the classifieds here.

Which worked well for many years but having to get out on the rail of my trailer to unlatch all of the roof when transporting semis was getting more dangerous every year the older I get.

Just unlatching the 2 at the rear of the alu-cab is much safer and easier for me now.2021-01-15.jpg

Nice. I'm thinking I'm going to make something with pcv and compressed air for a shower once I get a bunch of other more pressing items finished. I was even thinking of how I can use a small pump to pump water from that tank up on to the roof and into a diy solar water heater.

I did get the plywood mounted to the front of the cab tonight and my diesel heater kinda set up and some of the wiring partial done . There still a ton more to do but I've got to hit the road tomorrow so no more progress for probably 2 weeks:cry:

Here's a pic of the progress but it's pretty nasty looking for the moment.

Keep in mind I'm recycling old stuff with no budget.

All my cash was put into buying the alu-cab .20221227_215454.jpg

View attachment 757665
Timely question. I just mounted this up on my ACCC recently. The position is really great, because there is no light at all on the hood - it’s in the shadow of the top of the windshield here. And from the driver’s seat (I’m 6’2”) I can’t see the shadow of the top of the grille on the ground either. Works really well IMHO, for when you want a high light. Lots of spill in all directions, really broad coverage, goes over the top of bumps and whoops and low brush, and really good carry distance down the trail in the center

I’m also adding low spot/flood combos low on the bumper on a separate circuit, for when I don’t want high light. Fortunately I seldom encounter bad dust on the trail (we mostly drive solo), and it’s rare for us to be off-road in heavy rain or snow (CA), so those ‘ideal conditions’ are pretty much most of my time off-road :) And that’s where having the light come from as high as possible can be nice. Between the high bar, low spots, stock LED fogs, and stock LED headlights I think that should cover a lot of conditions.

Brother I just watched your YouTube video on mods for your alu-cab.

Everything you showed was useful ,relatively simple and affordable.

Everyone with alu-cab should watch his video.

I kid y'all not I've watched dozens of alu-cab mod videos and have yet to find 1 with this much useful stuff in 9mins.

I subbed to your channel and look forward to other great ideas in the future.

@Seakoutbeauty isn't this you? And tinyrigco .

I seen you some where around Memphis on i40 I think.

I hammered it in left lane to catch up for another look.

Attachments

• 20221004_165330.jpg
    20221004_165330.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 45
I know I'm probably blowing up the thread but I just can't resist sharing just one more.

I loaded up 2 new Peterbilts next to one of peterbilts new show trucks today. I thought it was funny that all the drivers wanted to see my old dodge and the alu-cab. One guy hadn't even noticed the 4+ million dollar show truck parked 15ft away, until I said something about it being a cool photo op with the big bill board sized sign saying super truck...lol20221229_125346.jpgsignal-2022-12-29-14-24-42-891.jpg

Last edited:

siebermd

Adventurer
I know I'm probably blowing up the thread but I just can't resist sharing just one more.

I loaded up 2 new Peterbilts next to one of peterbilts new show trucks today. I thought it was funny that all the drivers wanted to see my old dodge and the alu-cab. One guy hadn't even noticed the 4+ million dollar show truck parked 15ft away, until I said something about it being a cool photo op with the big bill board sized sign saying super truck...lolView attachment 758479View attachment 758478

You got the coolest job!!!

I do get to see all of this great country.

Been doing this since 1995 I've been to lots of places to hit the trails between loads by far my favorite place to explore is anywhere near moab.

seatoskyexplorer

Anyone have a parts list / info on converting the propane line for the Dickinson heater to use a quick connect? Seen a few people with that setup, but I'm not sure where they have the regulator located.
Ideally I'd like to also add a splitter so I can hook up a stove / bbq without disconnecting the main line at the tank - possibly split the line inside the back panel and then add a second quick connect lower down the panel for the stove?
Here's my current configuration:
IMG_6249.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk