Introducing Timberleaf Trailers - Handmade Teardrop Trailers from CO

capturecolorado

Hooray bikes!
I would like to share the company my father is just launching, I'm extremely proud to present this to everyone here, and really excited to watch his new business grow. My dad is a fine-woodworker and carpenter of many many years, with his primary expertise being the restoration and remodeling of older homes throughout the Denver area, he has done many extensive remodeling jobs on run-down 100-year-old homes, bringing them up to 21st-century amenities, but staying true to the Crafstman or Victorian styling and details.

He is now beginning a new venture bringing the meticulous attention to detail and craftsmanship to a line of teardrop trailers, with a retro aesthetic and feel, but unsurpassed quality and detailing with elegant simplicity.

Base pricing starting at $19,850, some non-standard features are on the model photographed.

I'm working on coming up with some features to upgrade to a more offroad friendly one, potentially including taller leaf springs, 31" tires, a Max-Coupler, and rock sliders / corner protection. All other features would stay the same.

Currently we have a model in the Denver area for all to check out if any are interested. The trailer weighs in at just under 1400 pounds as seen here, with a 140lb tongue weight, it's hardly noticeable when towed behind the Subaru, and I can't even tell it's there with my Tacoma.

http://www.timberleaftrailers.com/

_DSC4119.jpg

_DSC4143.jpg

_DSC4334.jpg

Update:

Since posting this, we've released a new trailer model; the Pika. The Pika is a more compact model with fewer amenities, intended to be a more budget friendly option to get into a high quality teardrop with the same attention to detail and build construction of the larger Classic model, particularly for those who don't feel the need to have on board water with a plumbed sink, cabinetry in the cabin, and would like a smaller/more nimble trailer.

The Pika, whose frame is 54" wide and 96" long, starts out at 950lbs dry, and climbs from there depending on options.

Our Classic, the O.G. model we first introduced three years ago, sits on a 60" wide and 120" long frame, and sports a queen mattress versus a double in the Pika, also includes much more storage capacity over the Pika; with a cabinet above your feet in the cabin, a headboard cabinet with sliding bypass doors, and a galvanized underbody storage box all standard. The Classic also includes 12 gallons of on board water, with a plumbed sink and electronic pump for on-demand water in the galley. In addition, due to the extra length we can accomodate a more built-out kitchen area, with accommodations for a pull out cooler and pull out stove. The Pika's short stature does not allow space for all the pull outs of the Classic.

Both trailers are available in three suspension/tire/accessory packages:
  • The Standard: 2k torsion axle with 26" trailer tires and aluminum wheels, with rounded aluminum fenders. This package is for the primarily road-bound traveler, capable of moderate dirt road travel, but ideally suited for highway travel.
  • The All-Road: Timbren Axleless suspension (2kHD for Pika, 3500 for Classic), 235/75r15 AT tires, rounded aluminum fenders, electric trailer brakes, and a Max-Coupler articulating hitch. This package is geared toward the driver who wants to explore further with confidence; no matter what you drive, the brakes give you extra confidence and control, the independent trailing arm suspension provides stability and smooth tracking over rougher terrain. This is perfectly paired behind an AWD or crossover SUV whose owner wants to explore backroads and go down the road less traveled with confidence that the trailer will have no issues tagging along.
  • The Off-Road: No holds barred. This package is based on our tried-and-true All-Road, but with some additional upgrades. Timbren Axleless suspension with a 4" lift, electric brakes, custom HD Jeep-style fenders with integrated step, increased diamond plating on the front to keep the front end looking pretty for miles of offroad travel and rocks getting flung at it from the tow vehicle, 31" BFG KO2s on the Pika and 33" BFG KO2s on the Classic, front rock sliders offer effective corner protection against obstacles, and a Max-Coupler articulating hitch. This trailer will go anywhere you tell it to; I personally have this package on my Pika and have yet to pull it somewhere it won't go. Massive ground clearance, smooth tracking with Timbren's suspension, and tires that grip. Outfit your trailer with this package and fear no terrain.

Pika All-Road
_dsc7897-jpg.3128575

Pika All-Road
_dsc7904-jpg.3128576

Pika Off-Road, wheels matched to OEM 4Runner 5 stars.
_dsc7950-jpg.3128577

Pika Off-Road
_dsc7955-jpg.3128578

Pika interior
_dsc7983-jpg.3128579

Classic Off-Road, standard Off-Road package (no customizations)
timberleaf_utah_001_v1-jpg.3128581

Classic Off-Road w/ OEM JK wheels and tires to match the customer's tow vehicle. Optional tongue box and powdercoated black fenders.
_dsc7022-jpg.3128582

Last edited:

Butch1979

Family Adventurer
Awesome! You should sell a ton of those in the Denver area. I look forward to seeing these rolling down the road.

GSA

Very Good looking trailer, is there a place in Denver that the trailers can be seen?

dgbatcheler

Explorer
Great looking trailers! Seems to be very well thought out especially the window above the sleeping area to check out the stars. Keep us posted on the off-road version. Good luck to you and your father with the new launch.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
I like the trailers - but I am not a fan of the skylight over the head of the bed...

While the walls are insulated with 1 inch of foam - the non-insulated skylight, side windows (two), poorly insulated doors with windows (two) and roof top vent would result in significant heat loss or solar heat gain. Seems like just having the two doors with operable windows and the roof top vent would be a better choice and would reduce the cost of the base model.

Also - plants in a teardrop trailer seems "unusual".

capturecolorado

Hooray bikes!
I like the trailers - but I am not a fan of the skylight over the head of the bed...

While the walls are insulated with 1 inch of foam - the non-insulated skylight, side windows (two), poorly insulated doors with windows (two) and roof top vent would result in significant heat loss or solar heat gain. Seems like just having the two doors with operable windows and the roof top vent would be a better choice and would reduce the cost of the base model.

Also - plants in a teardrop trailer seems "unusual".

The insulation on the doors and windows is no different than those used in a full-size RV, and not much different than windows found in homes built before 1980... I'm not positive, but I think the windows and doors on the side might be double-paned

The plants were my mom's idea to make it feel "homey".

Great looking trailers! Seems to be very well thought out especially the window above the sleeping area to check out the stars. Keep us posted on the off-road version. Good luck to you and your father with the new launch.

Thanks! Right now we're working on an offroad trailer that's going to head to OutdoorX4 magazine, he's doing an upgrade to Timbren's Axleless suspension, it's going to be **************'!

Very Good looking trailer, is there a place in Denver that the trailers can be seen?

If you'd like to reach out to him through the website, I'm sure he'll be happy to have you come by the shop, or if the weather is reasonable this weekend he might head out somewhere to set up and show it off.

capturecolorado

Hooray bikes!
Bump, updated top post with the following:

Update:

Since posting this, we've released a new trailer model; the Pika. The Pika is a more compact model with fewer amenities, intended to be a more budget friendly option to get into a high quality teardrop with the same attention to detail and build construction of the larger Classic model, particularly for those who don't feel the need to have on board water with a plumbed sink, cabinetry in the cabin, and would like a smaller/more nimble trailer.

The Pika, whose frame is 54" wide and 96" long, starts out at 950lbs dry, and climbs from there depending on options.

Our Classic, the O.G. model we first introduced three years ago, sits on a 60" wide and 120" long frame, and sports a queen mattress versus a double in the Pika, also includes much more storage capacity over the Pika; with a cabinet above your feet in the cabin, a headboard cabinet with sliding bypass doors, and a galvanized underbody storage box all standard. The Classic also includes 12 gallons of on board water, with a plumbed sink and electronic pump for on-demand water in the galley. In addition, due to the extra length we can accomodate a more built-out kitchen area, with accommodations for a pull out cooler and pull out stove. The Pika's short stature does not allow space for all the pull outs of the Classic.

Both trailers are available in three suspension/tire/accessory packages:
  • The Standard: 2k torsion axle with 26" trailer tires and aluminum wheels, with rounded aluminum fenders. This package is for the primarily road-bound traveler, capable of moderate dirt road travel, but ideally suited for highway travel.
  • The All-Road: Timbren Axleless suspension (2kHD for Pika, 3500 for Classic), 235/75r15 AT tires, rounded aluminum fenders, electric trailer brakes, and a Max-Coupler articulating hitch. This package is geared toward the driver who wants to explore further with confidence; no matter what you drive, the brakes give you extra confidence and control, the independent trailing arm suspension provides stability and smooth tracking over rougher terrain. This is perfectly paired behind an AWD or crossover SUV whose owner wants to explore backroads and go down the road less traveled with confidence that the trailer will have no issues tagging along.
  • The Off-Road: No holds barred. This package is based on our tried-and-true All-Road, but with some additional upgrades. Timbren Axleless suspension with a 4" lift, electric brakes, custom HD Jeep-style fenders with integrated step, increased diamond plating on the front to keep the front end looking pretty for miles of offroad travel and rocks getting flung at it from the tow vehicle, 31" BFG KO2s on the Pika and 33" BFG KO2s on the Classic, front rock sliders offer effective corner protection against obstacles, and a Max-Coupler articulating hitch. This trailer will go anywhere you tell it to; I personally have this package on my Pika and have yet to pull it somewhere it won't go. Massive ground clearance, smooth tracking with Timbren's suspension, and tires that grip. Outfit your trailer with this package and fear no terrain.

Pika All-Road
_dsc7897-jpg.3128575

Pika All-Road
_dsc7904-jpg.3128576

Pika Off-Road, wheels matched to OEM 4Runner 5 stars.
_dsc7950-jpg.3128577

Pika Off-Road
_dsc7955-jpg.3128578

Pika interior
_dsc7983-jpg.3128579

Classic Off-Road, standard Off-Road package (no customizations)
timberleaf_utah_001_v1-jpg.3128581

Classic Off-Road w/ OEM JK wheels and tires to match the customer's tow vehicle. Optional tongue box and powdercoated black fenders.
_dsc7022-jpg.3128582

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle