Is it worth it?

Rebel80

Found an old David Bradley and on the fence about the price. Seller asking $400, and I'm tired of looking at rotted out $1000 military trailers to start a build.image.jpg

Rebel80

Wanting to make a mild off-road camping trailer. Something to haul bikes, gear, etc to take the kids camping. Maybe fab up a frame for a roof top tent.

highlandercj-7

Explorer
It really depends on what you want in the long run. What are the dimensions? It looks like there is no real frame to speak of, so you may have to build one and set the tub onto it depending on how wild you want to go. In PA we have to Title all trailers, a clean title around here is worth $200 by itself.

Rebel80

Made by Dubar Kapple, so it's roots are military. Weighs less than 500 lbs, and is rated at 1500 lbs. probably not going too wild, as most use would be in LBL area of western ky/tn.

Xrunner

Explorer
It looks like a great starting point... especially if the bearing and tires are good, the steel isn't rusted out, and it comes with a title. It might not hurt to go take a look at it and see if the seller has any negotiating room in the price?

Locally (Colorado) $400 is a good price... you see Harbor Freight type trailers selling on craigslist for $300 or so. Waygoner's trailer is a great example of some things you could do with it.

Rebel80

I like the M100's, but think it may be a little small behind my FJZ80. I can't believe nobody has jumped at that price though, it's in great shape.

scramfan01

Adventurer
Thanks. It actually looks better than what the pictures show. I didn't wash it, or spray it with water, to make it look better in the pictures. I want to represent it honestly so that whomever buys it, won't be disapointed. Keep us updated on whatever you do. I will try to post a pic of my other trailer I built for the same purpose. I will be headed out to LBL again soon with it.

Rebel80

Think I'll pull the trigger on it. Anyone have a good source for canvas? Thinking I can build original style sides and bows, and make a canvas cover to camp out of it.

Rebel80

image.jpg
It's got grease fittings on all four spring attachment points, looks like it's better built than the little HF trailers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven