Is it worth it?

Ziv

Observer
The David Bradley trailer is a good choice for me. I ride a 3.3 liter Xterra so weight is a consideration. As sold, these trailers weighed 430lbs and are rated for 1500lb load. Despite their light weight, they are beefy trailers. My load-out is rarely over 900lbs. I generally travel tertiary and secondary FS/BLM roads, so this set-up is perfect.

These trailers are pretty easy to find on CL or eBay. Most are in reasonable condition, some … not so much. They usually go for $200 - $500. I was lucky to find this one, in excellent shape, for $350.

At this time, the only updates to the original trailer have been an improved tongue set-up, new tires and wheels, and the RTT riser. I'll finish the paint, add table mounts and an adjustable awning riser soon.

IMG_3390.jpg

IMG_3393.jpg

IMG_3395.jpg

IMG_3404.jpg

Rebel80

Looks great, I'm still collecting ideas from every thread I can find. It's funny to see brand new trailers rusting on the lot, while these 60 year old trailers are still strong as ever.

Rebel80

Anyone know if David Bradley trailers came with smooth floor and keyholes instead of the metal tie downs on the sides? Every one I've seen has had diamond plate floors and pegs for tying to. Everything else is identical to the other Bradley's I've seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven