Is this 2005 Jeep Rubicon LJ Good Value?

semp

For Sale

Unfortunately I made the purchase too quickly. I need to sell it due to money issues and my job not looking too secure into this year. If you're still interested in it Graham let me know.

I love the jeep and hate to see it go but those are the breaks.

RedRocker

Adventurer
semp said:
Unfortunately I made the purchase too quickly. I need to sell it due to money issues and my job not looking too secure into this year. If you're still interested in it Graham let me know.

How bout some details?

grahamfitter

Expedition Leader
semp said:

Hi Semp,

That's a bummer. I hope everything works out. I've found a vehicle that's closer to me with less miles so I'm probably going to go for that one but if it falls through I'll let you know.

Cheers,
Graham

grahamfitter

Expedition Leader
Hope this isn't tempting fate

So after a bit of test driving, waiting, watching, more waiting, the same vehicle at a dealer since January, its mine now. Or at least it will be on Monday so hopefully I'm not tempting fate!

9J022A-1.jpg

Similar to the first post, its a 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Sahara with 38K miles, dual tops, hollywood movie bling and the original owners video. There will be three super high priority mods:

1. Roof rack. Hopefully I can transplant most of the conco cage from my TJ and acquire longer front-back crossbars.
  2. Stop the binging noise when the handbrake is applied at a junction. (Please let me know if you have learned how to do this trick; the dealer didn't.)
  3. Dechromification. This might not be as easy as it sounds; the first thing Debbie said when she saw the vehicle was "I really like the shiny bumpers and side steps."
Everything else can wait until the tires wear out.

Cheers,
Graham

1speed

Explorer
Good find. I love my LJ. I've had: MJ, TJ, YJ and wouldn't trade mine for all three.
Now about that chrome. "Thou shalt not put chrome on a Jeep" and "Thou shalt remove any chrome from a Jeep installed by a previous owner." Just tell her "it is written" and you have no choice!

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
NICE!!! I LOVE the LJ, imo it's one of the best Jeeps ina long time and I still think it's lame that the new JK doesn't come in a 2dr LWB varriant like the LJ.

Again, nice truck mate.

Cheers

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach