Isuzu Rodeo platform narrative

cronk

Observer
MtnClimber,

Great to hear! I'd like to see that bumper. I've only been as far as Uwharrie National Forest and a little exploring of the Adirondacks in up state New York. I'd love to explore Vermont and Maine sometime.

For the drop dif brackets, contact Joe Darlington, he's really reasonable on price. Save you some down time.

Unfortunately my generation is when they switched to the new style hubs (02-04). I can't put lock outs on my truck without switching my spindles to the older style. I've given it thought but I kinda like the push button 4x. Mainly because they came in handy and may have saved my neck. I once came around a down hill curve and hit some black ice. I no more than got my truck back under control when I notice a jack knifed semi cross ways in the road. I barley stopped in time. I had to use the rumble strips for traction. I no more than got stopped and looked in the rear view mirror and see headlights pointing every which way getting closer and closer. A semi did the same thing with the rumble strips next to me in the slow lane. I heard another semi using that semi as his means to slow down when I decided I was probably next! To keep from getting rear ended, my only option was the muddy ditch to my left. It was V shaped with probably an 8- 10 foot incline on the opposite side.....I push the 4 wd button and traversed the ditch and climbed the hill. I feel that ability helped me escape harm and god knows how long hours waiting for the wreck to be cleared....... If I had to jump out and engage the hubs, I would have been in trouble. Needless to say, the adrenaline from that encounter kept me awake the remainder of the night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk