Jeep Cherokee CAMPER

SWbySWesty

Fauxverland Extraodinaire
Yes, that's right, I have found one! On craigslist...I NEED to know who did that conversion!

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1694978988.html

3n93p33oe5V05Q25X0a4gb7d5770b5bce18c2.jpg

3of3pb3l85T45W65S5a4gd33849f9b1301f3d.jpg

SWbySWesty

ok more info:

www.coyoterv.biz

I spoke to the guy about it and they can recreate it for anybody that wants it. The only negative for myself is the bed size. I'm 6'1'' so I'd need to figure that part out, but hey, he says:

Fridge
Furnace
stove
double sink w hand pump

stove and sink are on the driver's side and there's a bench on the passenger side. Sleeping is in the "cabover" area. They pop up just like a FWC.

SWbySWesty

Yes, please report back. He said he'll take some inside photos, so we'll see what comes of that. Nice guy!

If I had the money, I think I'd do it - pending a bed reorganization. You're supposed to sleep across the width of the camper and at just under 6' I don't fit. So lengthways, it would be interesting to see what could be done...especially taking into consideration that I'd require it to sleep 2 people.

I'm difficult to say the least LOL

brockmub

Observer
That is a funny tiny door on the back. Don't pop ups usually have a half-door back there that slides together? Cherokee's have never been known for their roominess but this makes it look even more cramped.

It would really be nice if there was a pass-through from the back seat to the camper.... better yet parallel bench seats like an old Rover!

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
$12000 for the conversion? no way, jose...I'd rather just buy a mint westfalia, and keep my jeep as-is.

VERY cool idea, though.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
That is a funny tiny door on the back. Don't pop ups usually have a half-door back there that slides together?

That door actually looks taller than a standard door on most pop-ups, which are not like those half doors on pop-up trailers that are in 2 sections.

BIGdaddy said:
$12000 for the conversion? no way, jose...

Well the camper alone is worth $11,500, lol... Robby Rowe does amazing work, he's a real craftsman. This is an example of you get what you pay for.

18seeds

Explorer
If you search this site and RV.net you can find some good info on the history of Phoenix/Coyote RV.

I visited their shop a bout 5 years ago and did not buy because of the reviews I read.

I did reconnect with Rob at Phoenix about a year ago and he had made some changes to his design. Real nice guy.

ExpoMike

Offroadcamperguy, love the idea and would love to see some interior shots. Also, I assume part of the roof is cut away. What type of supports/bracing is added to keep the body flex down?

More info would be great. Thanks :D

cocco78

Adventurer
I'd be worried about structural integrity as well, the XJ isn't the strongest uni-body around in stock form. I wouldn't cut the top in any way unless a full cage was added to the inside, and unibody stiffeners...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay2thaC