Jeep JK8 Project

sblaine

Ok, I have bit the bullet.
I ordered the Mopar JK8 conversion kit.
It came in last Wednesday.

If you are not familiar with this, this is the one-way conversion kit from Mopar that turns a 4door Jeep Wrangler JK into a 2door pickup truck.
I am starting with a 2007 Jeep JK Sahara.

IMG_7880.jpg

I am very excited for this build.
I am building it to sell.
I will post updated pics as I go along.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks, Sam

sblaine

Fronts seats, front carpet, rear flares, rear bumper, & tailgate removed.
Rear quarters are next!

df1f2655.jpg

c7d6d2a3.jpg

jdzl

There's something supremely awesome about tearing apart a [basically] brand new car. (No really) Yeah I know it's 5 years old, but that's new in my book.

What does this kit go for if you don't mind? Do you get it from the dealer, or?

Last edited:

406to417

Explorer
Why are you building it to sale it? I don't honestly know if it is going to increase the resale value.

sblaine

There's something supremely awesome about tearing apart a [basically] brand new car. (No really) Yeah I know it's 5 years old, but that's new in my book.

What does this kit go for if you don't mind? Do you get it from the dealer, or?

Yes. It is kinda fun and sad at the same time tearing it apart. There are many mixed emotions going on with me during this.
I did get it from a dealer, and the kit is about $5000.

sblaine

Why are you building it to sale it? I don't honestly know if it is going to increase the resale value.

I have always wanted to build the JK8 ever since I came across it. I probably could keep it, but I dont need something that expensive. I drive a 2004 Jeep WJ.
We are building to sell to raise money for our adoption. Win-Win situation for me. I get to have fun building something that I love, and raise funds.
I am in hopes that I will be able to turn it and make a little on it. I am optimistic on this one.

Saiyan66

Adventurer
Thats gonna be awesome when its finished. I am loving the pictures of the progress, it really shows how much goes into the conversion. Keep up the good work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk