Jeep JK8 Project

sblaine

Decided to rhinoline the interior of the bulkhead & surrounding areas.
I thought it turned out real nice with the contrasting silver rollbars.

jk85-183.jpg

jk85-185.jpg

jk85-186.jpg

jk85-189.jpg

jk85-1810.jpg

jk85-1811.jpg

jk85-1814.jpg

trust

Adventurer
very nice!! I looked at a couple of them at EJS this year that various dealers had for sale and on display. I wonder why they didnt do a trap door in the new bed to keep the rear cubbyhole? Would have been a handy storage area I would think even if not 100% weatherproof.

OBTW, MOPAR did a conversion in an hour at EJS 2011, sort of

sblaine

very nice!! I looked at a couple of them at EJS this year that various dealers had for sale and on display. I wonder why they didnt do a trap door in the new bed to keep the rear cubbyhole? Would have been a handy storage area I would think even if not 100% weatherproof.

OBTW, MOPAR did a conversion in an hour at EJS 2011, sort of

I actually thought about that. I wanted to put a door on that too. Then I thought that it might be more work than it was worth.

The one that MOPAR did was a bolt on kit (which they do NOT offer). There is NO way that this kit can be done in 1 hour.

sblaine

Yes. It will get a few little things.
AEV 2" lift. 275/70/18 BFG AT KOs.
Front & rear bumpers.
Rubicon rock rails.
& some little detail features that other JK8s do not have.

sblaine

Smoothed out a line beneath the door, so now there is just one seam instead of two. I like it much better.

IMG_9048.jpg

sblaine

Its been a while. Here are some updated pics. Getting closer. I have put some temporary wheels on, so I could get my new tires mounted. I also have the new 3rd brake light installed.

IMG_9369.jpg

IMG_9420.jpg

IMG_9422.jpg

IMG_9421.jpg

IMG_9418.jpg

IMG_9419.jpg

IMG_9185.jpg

IMG_9378.jpg

sblaine

Sorry for the long delay. Here are some updated pics.

I am about 95% done. I just have some finishing details that I want to get buttoned up, and it will be ready to sell.

I am thinking somewhere in the $33K range, as I have seen some selling anywhere from $43K to $70K.

Also, on a side note, I have a 2nd JK8 kit that I planned on building, but have decided to just sell the kit. So, let me know if anyone is interested in that as well. They go for about $5000 new, and I will let it go for $4000.

JK8-A.jpg

JK8-B.jpg

JK8-C.jpg

JK8-D.jpg

JK8-E.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk