Jeep WK2 Build

Terex

Adventurer
Nice build. I have an off-road trailer so won't be adding roof rack any time soon, but need to add rock rails and Duratracs. The InReach is a great addition. I lent mine to my daughter's boyfriend and it saved his bacon by coordinating for an extract from the John Muir Trail in CA due to smoke issues. I think everyone who recreates off-road should have one of these.

snow686

Awesome build. How are the tires holding up? Do you notice your speedometer being off at all? Also, can you use a RTT with that Gobi rack? I don't know if the sidewall that creats the basket would get in the way.

esierens

Awesome build. How are the tires holding up? Do you notice your speedometer being off at all? Also, can you use a RTT with that Gobi rack? I don't know if the sidewall that creats the basket would get in the way.

The tires are only a month old, I have had them on a few trails but I cant comment on longevity...yet.
The speedometer is off about 1 at 30PMH and 3 at 65MPH.
Gobi does sell a roof top tire adapter and mount, but I have not mounted a tire on top to find out if it will fit, but i'm pretty sure it will.

snow686

The tires are only a month old, I have had them on a few trails but I cant comment on longevity...yet.
The speedometer is off about 1 at 30PMH and 3 at 65MPH.
Gobi does sell a roof top tire adapter and mount, but I have not mounted a tire on top to find out if it will fit, but i'm pretty sure it will.
I meant a roof top tent. Does it fit a roof top tent?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

KellyM

Adventurer
My apologies if you mentioned this already and I missed it, but did you add a second battery to power the fridge or are you running a single battery? I am looking at getting a WK2 and see that the starter battery is under the passenger seat with no room for a second battery there. We have an extra ARB fridge that I want to put in the W2 when we get it and am trying figure out what to do about powering the fridge. Thanks.

Great looking rig. Since we have a modified 2013 JKUR, I won't be doing as much to our WK2, but I really like what you have done with yours. Nice work.

Jason911

Adventurer
My apologies if you mentioned this already and I missed it, but did you add a second battery to power the fridge or are you running a single battery? I am looking at getting a WK2 and see that the starter battery is under the passenger seat with no room for a second battery there. We have an extra ARB fridge that I want to put in the WK2 when we get it and am trying figure out what to do about powering the fridge. Thanks.

Ive been following this thread - I too have a 2014 WK2, with a ARB 37, powered through the 12v port in the back. I use ARBs battery protection monitor and set it to "low" - I can use the fridge for about 19 hours without having to restart the vehicle. I switched the circut in the Jeep so the rear power outlet was always live(anyone can, it's in the owners manual). The fridge only draws .83 amps after its sufficiently cooled.

smlobx

Wanderer
My apologies if you mentioned this already and I missed it, but did you add a second battery to power the fridge or are you running a single battery? I am looking at getting a WK2 and see that the starter battery is under the passenger seat with no room for a second battery there. We have an extra ARB fridge that I want to put in the W2 when we get it and am trying figure out what to do about powering the fridge. Thanks.

Great looking rig. Since we have a modified 2013 JKUR, I won't be doing as much to our WK2, but I really like what you have done with yours. Nice work.

Also under the drivers seat there is the same space. That you might be able to install a second battery. Since it is inside you will want to install an AGM battery.

Jason911

Adventurer
Also under the drivers seat there is the same space. That you might be able to install a second battery. Since it is inside you will want to install an AGM battery.

Under the drivers seat is very little room. Good place for a CCW and little else. If you get a WK2 with Quadra-lift - there is zero room. All the computers are hidden in that space.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues