Jeeper's 2016 JK project

Jeeper4life

Adventurer
Two things. First off, it looks good. I like the tires. Secondly, light trail and backroad exploring and rubi transfer case, lockers and a D44 up front are really overkill for what you said you'll be using it for. Don't get me wrong - I've gone way overkill for how I usually use mine, but those are not exactly cheap upgrades. Just saying.

A Rubi case can be picked up around here for 800 to 1,000 bucks, I still play in off road parks every now and then so that would be nice. Also plan on getting out to Moab Utah someday. So the lockers and 4:1 would be nice. Do I plan on hardcore rock crawling? No, but traction devices for those kinda places make stuff a lot easier. I don't HAVE to have a d44 front. The 30 will be fine for what I'm planning, but if I happen to stumble on a 44 front for a good deal, why not?

ki4iwd

Adventurer
Just some advise put a transmission cooler on it as soon as you can. The auto transmission don't like 4 high under 40 mph. And it will burn up the tranny also I trans temp gauge is a great investment. Keep it under 180 and it will
Last forever. Also the vents on the axles need to be extended if you are going to be in high water. The vents don't extend very high out of the cases. These are a couple of lessons I have learned the hard way. Just a heads up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCobe

Adventurer
I do not know if you mentioned this previously, but what size tires are you running? Are you using any sort of spacers to clear them?

AeroMoto

Nice Jeep! Where'd you go in the Hoosier National Forest? I've been meaning to get down there and explore, but I don't know where to go. Any suggestions?

kenaero

Observer
A little more updates on the Jeep here

I went and explored the HNF a couple weeks ago, something I have been wanting to do for awhile now. I have say it was a blast.

The Jeep when I got back

I added some more decals

Most notable, the old school "4 wheel drive" one

and my Indiana Overlanders decal, she earned it from what we ran into at the HNF

Before the trip I got my front diff skid on, and I'm glad too

It also made its first Friday Hooters dinner, Just my wife and I, but hey it worked..

I made sure to change the diff fluid in both axle after the trip because of the amount of deep water it saw, they seemed clean but just wanted to play it safe.

Since this is more of an "overland" vehicle I have started working on gear storage. I picked up these two rubber made tote's, they can be stacked like so, and then I plan to secure them with a bungee or something via the roll bar. Yeah they aren't anything fancy like you see on the built up Overlanding vehicles but it works for now

and lastly... the Jeep will be getting lifted! I picked up these Heavy duty Old Man Emu springs and shocks! I can't wait to get them on. Still need a few more items yet to complete it. But first I'm ordering a trans Skid..

Oh and here's a shot from the other day, the kids and I enjoying the nice weather

Yeah those totes work well.
21545243202_ddcf1f7e4b_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_0034 by Ken Scoates, on Flickr[/IMG]
21368412560_d6f4d6d1d8_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_0033 by Ken Scoates, on Flickr[/IMG]

Jeeper4life

Adventurer
I do not know if you mentioned this previously, but what size tires are you running? Are you using any sort of spacers to clear them?

265/75r16's I believe is what they are. No spacers or anything. However I do believe they rub the front swaybar at full lock.

Jeeper4life

Adventurer
Nice Jeep! Where'd you go in the Hoosier National Forest? I've been meaning to get down there and explore, but I don't know where to go. Any suggestions?

I went with a friend that knew the area quite well. So I mostly followed him around. I would suggest checking out story Indiana. Neat little town.

Jeeper4life

Adventurer
I picked up a few items for my Jeeps! (Half of its for the KJ and the other half for the JK)
39650a448a5d6af147bd93c9fea116aa.jpg

Got one of the diff covers installed, I have to say I'm pretty happy with it. This is my first time using a lube locker and so far it's holding up great!
b3919142eda601b88ba96c796104a1c7.jpg

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
Looking forward to seeing the rest of it installed. It's crazy how much of a visual difference tires make. Looks good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach