JK locking gas cap or locking gad cap door

wandererr

Adventurer
Ok, heard some stories recently of folks ending up with contaminants in their gas tank. 3 unrelated incidents - one I think the owner of a vehicle pissed someone off the other two not sure what happened. In two instances the damage ended up being severe.

This takes me to todays world and peoples lack of respect for others property. With that in mind I'm trying to decide between a locking gas cap or locking door. Any suggestions from those that did take the plunge? Which did you go with?
Thanks

mb2xs

I would go with the locking door and the stock gas cap. I've had two (Mopar JK specific) locking gas caps on my 2012 JKUR and both eventually developed small leaks that set off my check engine light, unlucky I guess. The code was P0456 as I recall. I even tried cleaning and lubing the seals on those locking caps with no success, guess they're just not tight enough.

I'm shopping for a gas door, but I still have the stock non-locking gas cap on for now.

It's not just a locking gas cap or door issue, its an all around vehicle security issue. We've yet to decide what route we're going to take on the gas cap or gas door or even both.. but we've been told and heard if someone wants the fuel bad enough, cutting the line is easier than trying to remove the cap or door.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3