Jump seats in an 85 4runner

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
I really like the way Land rover uses the space in the back of its series vehicles, same with pinzgauer. These trucks can carry cargo with the seats folded up(or down for the pinzy) and then can be configured easily to carry folks.

This would work well in situation where you have to carry a handful of people a short distance, and want to keep your cargo area clear.

I've always been stopped by those who say that side facing seats are not safe in high-speed impacts and therefore have no use for them on San Diego's freeways. While I can understand this, it's always been an intriguing option, either as an offroad seat, or as a rear facing setup. (rear facing is considered much safer than side facing, btw)

Regards,
Brian

jjdavids

I would mount these rear facing. I have also looked into using a roll and tumble jeep seat. These caught my attention because of thier construction and price.

Side facing seats in the back of a 4Runner aren't really an option because of the wheel wells and roll bar.

I would mount these so the seat could be folded up similar to Cruiser jump seats.

Still researching seat belts and safety laws though.....

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
I would mount these rear facing. I have also looked into using a roll and tumble jeep seat. These caught my attention because of thier construction and price.

Side facing seats in the back of a 4Runner aren't really an option because of the wheel wells and roll bar.

I would mount these so the seat could be folded up similar to Cruiser jump seats.

Still researching seat belts and safety laws though.....

as long as you are welded up with quality mounts and large reinforcment plates for the seat belts you should be safe and legal. Seatbelts are the biggest deal in California. Not sure if its the same in south carolina.

:)

jjdavids

Well I'm going to get 2 of these and try it. Worst case, I'll take them back. :D

Ill post up pics of the results. Thanks alot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy