jumping jack trailer.. anyone used one?

D

Deleted member 9101

anyone have any input as to heavy rain or snow? im in the PNW and we get alot of rain....

also id love to haul my dirtbikes with it. how hard is it to remove the tent and lid? how do you guys think it would handle with 500lbs of bike on top the the trailer?

I have been in some very nasty thunderstorms in mine, the tent flexed front he wind, but water never got in.

I have never hauled bikes on top of mine, but 500 pounds would be nothing.

D

Deleted member 9101

Here is mine:

P1020501.jpg

P1020496.jpg

P1010596.jpg

I just had 4' added to the tongue, going to build a box to store the A/C and fridge this summer.

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
has anyone noticed an issue at the front door with leakage or anything of that nature. i want to buy one so bad, i just want to make sure I will have a sound investment with this...

D

Deleted member 9101

has anyone noticed an issue at the front door with leakage or anything of that nature. i want to buy one so bad, i just want to make sure I will have a sound investment with this...

Mine had a little, but the wind was blowing really hard and directly at it. When I get a chance I am going to order the large awning and that will probably stop most of it.

I am also trying to figure out a canopy to cover it while its set up so its in the shade. I figure it will help the A/C run less in the summer.

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
so they make an awning for it then? also would a 10x10 canopy from walmart work for it or would you be better off making a tarp canopy above it.... something like the 30x20foot

Hafwit

Adventurer
I have the awning--it isn't very large or protective. The tent does very well in the rain--my wife and I spent several days in our tent while it rained continuously. It did not leak and it handled the wind/rain combo quite admirably. As for putting a heavy load on top, I towed it with a shed and floor kit from Home Depot--the shed and floor kit was close to 1000 lbs. I drove it for 70 miles thus loaded and did 4000 ft elevation gain. It rubbed a little on the tires, but otherwise performed perfectly. Separately, I towed it a short distance with my Haflinger on top--this is about 1500 lbs--again it performed well. All in all it is a rugged trailer.

Cheers,
Greg

D

Deleted member 9101

so they make an awning for it then? also would a 10x10 canopy from walmart work for it or would you be better off making a tarp canopy above it.... something like the 30x20foot

I used the 10 x 10 canopy from wally world and it worked great. I hooked it to the camper with a 10 x 10 tarp and it was really nice. You just have to take down the tarp on high winds/rain.

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
I used the 10 x 10 canopy from wally world and it worked great. I hooked it to the camper with a 10 x 10 tarp and it was really nice. You just have to take down the tarp on high winds/rain.

awesome thats the kind of info i wanted to hear!

D

Deleted member 9101

awesome thats the kind of info i wanted to hear!

You'll notice above the door fiberglass rods to tie the tarp too that are really sturdy. I am trying to figure out a canopy that's really light and covers the whole camper then its set up... I figure it will keep the canvas clean and will be shade all day long so my A/C can get a rest...lol

I think snow peak has the one I want..just gotta have the time to tinker with it.

dickinsonc

HAULTENT Expedition Trailer

If your thinking about the Jumping Jack.... Check into a "HaulTent" (just Google it). They are custom made here in Northern NV... they ARE pricey, but you get what you pay for. All plate aluminum & stainless steel... Torsion axle, You can haul two quads ON TOP.... (and it has electric trailer brakes)....
We looked at the JJ.... but went with the HaulTent.... Twice the price.. but Ten times the unit !!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk