June 17th - Saguaro Lake Coves Barbeque

Status
Not open for further replies.

articulate

Expedition Leader
Arizona peeps:
I've landed myself the esteemed position of "Expedition Correspondent" with JPFreek magazine.

I'd like to do a late afternoon run at the Saguaro Lake coves (AKA "Rolls OHV") to park the party at one the cove/beaches, barbeque with some expedition buddies, eat some food and do some lake swimming....

This would be Satruday June 17th, and meet at 4:00 pm at Butcher Jones parking area. It'll be hot, yes, and that's why we're going to one of the beaches to play in the water. We'd drive out in the dark. You'll love it.

While the magazine is arranged around Jeeps, it's content is more about adventure. All vehicle makes and models welcome.

Selling points:
  • You get to use your off road lights if you have them
  • Girls in bikinis :)
  • Fun
  • Short-n-sweet trip
  • You'll be supporting me in my newest endeavor

Again, all makes and models of vehicles are more than welcome. The roads in the area, as I remember, have some good hill climbs/descents along with some choice ruts and cross-axle action. Typically if a certain path makes you uncomfortable, there are plenty of bypasses.

This would be a good one for the whole family since the trail driving is pretty short, and we'll feast and swim. For simplicity, I'll provide a grill. We can potluck the sides, desserts, drinks, etc - we'll work it out in the thread.

Who's interested?

Thanks,
Mark

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Put me down Mark, but I have to check witht the boss. We all might come on out, and get Colette out in the Zuk again.

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
I'd love to go....but I'll be on my way to Denver.

Good luck with jeepfreek. I looked around the site a bit a month or three ago when he posted a message on one of the boards I frequent. I considered contacting him, but I just don't have the time for it right now.

articulate

Expedition Leader
Aaron! Excellent. I've got some other buddies coming along as well who aren't ExPo, but are certified cool.

Seth, Brian....next time. Where the heck is the Black River, anyway?

Be well,
Mark

Again....selling points:
  • You get to use your off road lights if you have them
  • Girls in bikinis :)
  • Fun
  • Short-n-sweet trip
  • You'll be supporting me in my newest endeavor

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Hey Mark!

You forgot to include.........

THIS PAGE!!!!!............:ylsmoke:

Thanks for the invite!

Truck in shop as of yesterday......

Son turns 16.....

Lots going on....

If I could I would!

Thinking about it..........:suning:

Aloha! ...........Mark

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Cool Idea Mark!

I put the idea out to my wife, her brother and his wife.
We'll see if we can get Grandma and Grandpa to watch the Babies and make if a double date at Saguaro Lake!:wavey:

articulate

Expedition Leader
mcvickoffroad said:
Cool Idea Mark!

I put the idea out to my wife, her brother and his wife.
We'll see if we can get Grandma and Grandpa to watch the Babies and make if a double date at Saguaro Lake!:wavey:
That is fantastic.

My wife will love the idea of other women being on the trip as well. I hope it works out!

Later,
Mark

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Heck!!!!!!!

I would Love the Idea of Other (single) Women being on the trip as well!!!...:ylsmoke:

articulate

Expedition Leader
Okay!

I'm checking in here.....

Aaron, Mcvick....are you guys in? I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. :chowtime:

Be well,
Mark

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Colette is working, and I am still planning on coming. Have to check with the rest of the brood to find out who all is going to come. Might just be me and my big dumb dog. I'll confim probably tomorrow.

articulate

Expedition Leader
Yeah, I noticed that. :arabia:

That's what makes this place so cool: we're all so busy with adventures that we can't do them all. I'd like to be climbing some mountain in NM too.

Anyway, fellas, let me know when you can. I'm still doing this with at least 2 other vehicles.

Be good,
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk