And the rest was up to use... I love creative freedom...:wings:

P6100239.jpg

P6100224.jpg

P6100221.jpg

P6100220.jpg

P6100217.jpg

Ramjet

Explorer
Ok. I have to say this and hopefully not offend anyone here. That is just Tits!! Fabulous job.

4RunAmok

Explorer
Did you ever get anywhere on that aluminum front bumper for the 3rd Gen? Aluminum close to, or slightly thicker than the stock steel bumpers should be stronger than stock, with that steel sub-structure I mentioned before... You sounded excited about it, but never commented on it further.

Outdoor Logic

Supporting Sponsor
Its still in the back of my mind... My biggest concern is cost increase vs that amount of people who will actually but it..

Outdoor Logic

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks! Its a tough one when you have to make decisions on where and what to cut. The idea is based on what the average consumer would want to tackle at home with basic tools. The cut was made at the highest body line that left the rear deck plate intact. This made for a straight cut rather then trying to explain to somebody where to draw some lines. It was still a good 6-8 inches of plastic removal :Wow1: I am happy with the outcome and the owner LOVEs it.. In the end that is what matters.

docjake

Observer
Do you have any pictures of the plastic that was cut?
How far out does the front half of it protrude from the fender it looks like they flare out some to follow the body lines.

Outdoor Logic

Supporting Sponsor
I don't think I snapped any pics form the front. It ends just shy of the wheel well opening.. I will snap a picture of the cut plastic as I still have that in the shop.. This top view kind of shows how it tappers slightly to follow the body lines

P6100199.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk