Just ordered a cot..

ober27

Adventurer
That's great information. I hadn't considered this "L" berth option before. I hope you give us an update on your cot after you've spent a few nights on it.

arlon

Adventurer
I just spent three nights on the cot and it was the best three nights of sleep I've had in this van. Storing stuff under it worked great. So in the end I think this is the final solution for me. It was the most simple, most versitile, most comfortable, cheapest, lightest and it doesn't look that bad. Took 5 minutes to be a van again when I got home and bed took almost no space in garage when folded it up. Boxes I had for the platform also had to be tied down to keep them from moving around, the cot stayed put and I did about 30 miles of pretty rough rocky ranch roads this weekend. For it's first mission into the wild, I was totally pleased with the cot setup. I think I'll build the old platform bed box into a storage cabinet for the garage this weekend...

jfdrewett

Observer
Thanks for this idea :)

Gonna test this set-up out. We can put them side by side for a Queen size and fold out of the way when driving :)

We'll probably refine this a bit as we go along.

IMG-20141025-WA0002.jpgIMG-20141025-WA0004.jpg

arlon

Adventurer
Always room for improvement but the basic concept sure worked for me. Be out testing it again this weekend too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3