kayaking and fishing trip planned. input please :)

bwhite829

Observer
REPOST FROM FISHING/SPORTSMAN FORUM :)

Hey all, let me give you some background about the trip I'm planning:

I'll finish nursing school in a couple years. After that, the wife and I are going to spend a year or so getting our feet wet with overland travel as we prepare for the trip.

Our main trip will be a long trip, not sure of dates or exact time frame. I'm sure we'll have a basic itenerary or framework of our agenda but it'll basically be cruising the coast, surf fishing at night after camp is established, and certain hotspots(OBX, certain areas of FL, Baja, certain parts of Mexico, and CALI, etc) where fishing is known to be world renowned, or the kayak fishing and surf casting community is large and well known, I plan on spending more time, fishing day and night. One of my goals is writing a book about various surf fishing and kayak fishing techniques from various regions, as well as making a documentary about the topic. Another goal, one of the main goals is conservation and awareness. I plan on catching and tagging as many fish and species from as many areas as possible, only keeping what's needed for food.

My main questions are:
#1: crew: I am a want to be writer and fisherman, what kind of crew do i need? will i need drivers with experience in technical driving? alot of driving will be on beaches and whatnot. I'll also be a capable medic by then, and I love to cook. Would a photographer/videographer and a couple kayakers and anglers(preferably people that do both) be all thats needed?
#2: sponsorship: is self funding normally better?
#3: anything that i'm forgetting?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk