Kelly Safari 35's PIS Question

mav204

Observer
I got a set of Kelly Safari 35's (315/70/17) running in a 2013 JK Unlimited, and getting different info on what PSI to run for everyday driving? I'm hearing 28, but Goodyear told me 28 is to low and to run at least 32PSI. When I was at 28PSI it looked like I was getting a good tire print over the road surface, but want to see what others with these tires are running?

the_dealer

Observer
Best thing to do is to find an empty parking lot, get some tire chalk and mark them (start higher psi), and lower until you get a nice even wear of the chalk. That's the way I always do it, but it tends to be the best way. What works for one rig might not be the best psi for yours

Edit: I used to run 28 in my km2's on my Tj

post some pictures of these> I am looking at them too. I have falken now but can't seem to wear the out 63000 miles on them still not at the wear marks. So while I am waiting for the falken to go by by I am looking at tires and the the kellys ore on the top o f the list. So what are your impressions so far?

mav204

Observer
I am extremely happy with the Kelly Safari, I have 315/70/17. Nice ride, not loud on the street, gas milage has not dropped that much. Only been off road once, but they did great! I would recommend them to anyone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nchamp