La Jolla sea cave's California

cowboy4x4

Explorer
I'm going to be putting a trip together in late june or july to the La jolla sea caves. the area has mutiple things to see and do. The sea cave is cool and I bring my snorkeling gear as there is some great snorkleing all along that area. Sand dollar beds,leopard shark city (they're harmless) sea loins. post up if you might be interested and I'll go from there..... Thomas

M

modelbuilder

I would be interested in this.

July would be ideal...more time to plan schedules.

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
65-66F water temp is warm. The last time I went scuba diving off the Channel Islands it was 54F.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
never dive or snorkel in So Cal. Is it cold water? Do you need wet suit?
Thanks
Alex

I am interested in this too. Just snorkeling, right? I have a c-card, but haven't dove in 2 or 3 years. No longer have a tank/bc/regulator set-up.

You don't need a suit, and if I go I won't be wearing one as I out grew & sold mine, but if you prefer more comfortable dive times, a 3mm suit is perfect as it does get a bit colder below the first thermocline. The standard 6mm is overkill in summertime shoreline waters (in my opinion).

cowboy4x4

Explorer
Ok so..... Do I have anyone that definatley wants to go ?... I looked at my first post and noticed I didnt say how we would get to the caves, DUH... we are taking our kayaks and paddling to them. We launch from the beach and go from there. Yes all I do is snorkel I'm not certified to dive. As far as wet suit I bring a surfing wet suit but more than likley that time of year the water should be nice. If you dont own a kayak there are several stores that rent them for the day. The launch area allows you to drive onto the beach unload and then you go park on the street. ..... july 31 or aug1 ??? or the following weekend aug 7th or 8th

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal