Land Cruiser Photos

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Yeah Memph, those middle two pics are downright AMAZING. I can just imagine that leviathan climbing out of the muck and soldiering on down the trail.

Cheers

Dave

deadbeat son

Explorer
My new FJ40

FJ40.2.jpg

Gorgeous! I realize it's been a couple of months since you posted this, but what are the specs?

Wheelingnoob

Adventurer
HAHAHA naw, although I've got alot of family in and from Canada (including my 104 y/o Grandmother I take care of who taught in a 1-room School house and sounds as Canadian as the Strange brew guy's :D ), but I got the habbit of saying "Eh" when I lived in Australia and it's just stuck.... HARD. I lived out in the Bush for a long bit and the accents were SO much thicker there so after a while I just started to say Eh alot. That said I'd be proud to be a Canadian or an Aussie (and being a red-headed of large Scotch heritage I could have easily been either one to some degree) so I guess some thanks is in order.

Cheers

DAve

HAHA figured it was something like that. Canada is just like the US for accents, some regions have very strong ones (east coast and parts of the prairie provinces). Strange brew is the movie I tell my American coworkers to watch so they get an idea of what Canadian life is like. :sombrero: Get quite a few of them saying they want to visit after :elkgrin:

Expedition Leader

targa88

Explorer
Just got my 76 series kitted out with a 4" EFS lift, 33" tires, 180L Long Ranger fuel tank, ARB bumper and a Warn 9000lbs winch. It comes with a 1GR-FE motor putting out 228hp. Its a dream:wings:

The FJCruiser on the other hand has the same motor but goes up to 257hp. It belongs to my cousin, and has a 6" lift, 35 MT, ARB front and rear lockers, and a Manafee fuel tank.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

What a great pair!
Nice custom paint job on the FJ

Now if we could only get 70 series in NA...

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
While the FJ Cruiser might be nice, the 70 series is waaaaaay more awesomer! Yes, it is so sweet I made up a word to describe it!

Slightly off topic, but I thought the FJ Cruiser was based on Tacoma running gear, chasis etc. If so should it not be in the Taco section? ( Not bashing FJCs, just wondering...)

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Heya folks,
Could you Land Cruiser guys help me ID this BJ pickup truck I saw in Guatemala?
Somebody said it might be a 40 series? :smiley_drive:
http://motojournalism.blogspot.com/2011/02/on-road-4-wheel-favorites.html
Looks like an FJ/BJ 45 PU... actualy 1911 MOST of the 45's around the world are Pick-ups (esp. in Austraila where nearly ALL LWB 40's are P/U... in fact the first Cruiser in OZ was a Pick-up)

I was thinking it may be Badierette (or however you spell that, but No square Head Lights means it's not...)

I'd have to see the engine, but it would either be a BJ-if it were diesel, or an FJ if it's a Gas, inline 6. The first letter of the model indicates the motor, and the number represents the model and chasis type (45 being a LWB model where as the 40 is the SWB and a 43 :drool: is a mid WB - I'd cut something VERY important to me off to have one of those with a Diesel in it.) I DON"T belive that the H diesel was ever offered in the 40-series (in fact I've never seen one and I'm pretty dam sure it wasn't) so most diesel's would be the B-series of varying displacement weather they were 1b, 2b, or 3b's and none of them were Turbo'd as I recall. To make it all the more complicated there is a 45LV wich designates a Wagon body but those are rare as hen's teeth the world over.

SO, after all that, I'd say that in all likely hood THAT Cruiser is an F/BJ 45 Pick-up. Not as you ;abel'd it an LC7. The 70-series is the GEM of the Cruiser line and they're REAL easy to spot with their long pointy hoods and out-board turn signals.

TO me the 75 Troupy is THE quitisential Expo rig and seems to me the rest of the world (where you can GET one) agree's... You won't see UN aid workers in Africa inn anything else. You WILL however see all kinds of older 40-series Cruisers so I'd say that's a good sign that the Cruiser is loved world over. Having lived in Australia for quite awhile on a Cattle station, I can tell you there's NO substitute for a Landcruiser and that's ALL we ran HARD and they never quit or so much as hickuped...

Boozewez your 76 is a VERY :drool: worthy rig indeed...Pretty much makes the FJC obsolete for you IMO ;) I'm pretty sure most of us here in the States would sell our first born (or all of'm) to be able to get ANY model 70 here. Having gotten to know them in a VERY off-road intimate way I can tell you they are THE truck for me. SOMEday I will have the 75 Troopy of my dreams...SOMEDAY

Love the Rig mate and even though I'm not m uch of a fan, that FJC looks great. I personaly can't get comfortable in them and I think Toyota TOTALY missed the boat not offering a direct-Wrangler competitor (we all know they could make one out of what they offer the REST of the world, but I digress) Still, I REALLY like the bar work on yours and the color is cool too. Nice truckS you've got there eh.
EDIT: NM, I see that the FJ is not yours eh. I REALLY love the matte finnish the more I look at it. I LOVE the Tan on your 76, but that Matte is just SO cool. When I SAS my 4Runner, though, I will be doing it in that Dune Beige color that SO many Middle eastern and Aussie Trucks are done in. It's my Fav. Cruiser color by far, white being a close second. That Matte's got me thinking though...Nah, Beige is better for me.

Cheers

Dave

Last edited:

Motojournalism

Observer
@1911 & @4rescue

Thanks for the tips guys
thumb.gif

Yeah the pickup was in Guatemala so the engine could have been *anything*. Petrol, diesel, could have been horse-drawn...:smiley_drive:
They're pretty hands-on with the cut n' past of vehicles - Caterpillar diesels geared for speed in stretched schoolbuses etc.

So what's the FJ/BJ difference?
motojournalism+4-wheel+%25286+of+15%2529.jpg

This one was ID'd as a series 75 - I LOVE these ones. Anywhere I've been that uses 4x4s for WORK rather than pleasure seems to choose Land Cruisers. There's an expression I heard in Central America - "Es un buen Toyota" (It's a good Toyota) - when talking about ANY good, rugged vehicle. They called my motorcycle un buen Toyota :bike_rider:

This was at Tocumen Airport in Panama.
motojournalism+4-wheel+%252815+of+15%2529.jpg

Last edited:

shellb

Adventurer
Gorgeous! I realize it's been a couple of months since you posted this, but what are the specs?

Thanks man...sorry I didn't reply earlier. It is a 78 with a rebuilt 2F, small suspension lift, 34x10.50 TSLs, I also have a paki soft top for it (warm weather around the corner!). It runs awesome but could use a little rust clean-up. I just like driving it as it is though...something about a blue tractor that just feels right!

I will post some more pictures with the paki top...here is an old one! (I will edit this with a better attachment when I can access my photo account.)

FJ40%20Paki.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach