Land Cruiser Photos

MNicho

It is getting there.

I didn't do the work on this myself--I have the fine folks at Proffitt's and AT to thank for it--their sweat and hard work, my plan. The idea behind this very custom 45 was to mix some of the old school in with the new and end up with a very capable, versatile rig.

It's nearly done--waiting on a custom soft top and some other odds and ends. It'll be out on the road this summer.

DSCF1433.jpg

DSCF1432.jpg

CanyonCNEFJ.jpg

The above is a shot of it on it's way to the Carbon Neutral Expedition.
DSCF1431.jpg

Had the horn button custom made...thought you cruiser heads would dig that.
DSCF1427.jpg

1HZ w/ Turboglide Turbo, dual bats. Dual tank~Diesel or WVO, SVO.
DSCF1435.jpg

See ya out there!

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
That is one uber sweet rig - looking forward to more adventure pics.

How does it do on the trail with the bit longer rear overhang AND the trailer?

Looks like it just took over the continent of Africa!

MNicho

Actually

Jesus DID have a bit to do with this...
BuddyFJ.jpg

Who's your Buddy? That's right....JESUS is your buddy.

SchattenJager: I am looking forward to providing you all with the upcoming adventure pictures--I'm an avid photographer and am looking forward to getting out there and "going all Japanese" on ya'll. As it is right now, I am not even WITH the rig:( as I'm working outside the US. I will be hitting trails in the Southwest on my return this summer.

As to your question about trail capability. Prior to adding air lockers on all four corners, it went, and did very well at Moab with just a rear cable locker and prior to the turbo being added. The previous owner took it there right after the initial build a few years ago. (You can read about the build in the Spring 2009 edition of Overland Journal.)
Moab3.jpg

Moab9.jpg

Moab6.jpg

My guess--and I'm guessing here--is that it'll do very well on the trail--trailer or no--AT makes one heck of a trailer and Proffitt's are among if not the best in the biz. We did have an issue with a broken Bilstein when it towed the trailer on its initial test run: it went 1800 miles running on veggie oil from CO down to AZ and back for the Carbon Neutral Expedition last month.
Right now we are adding leaf springs to the rear to see how that works out and possibly will be adding air bags as well--we are still out on that. More testing yet to do. Nothing goes out the door over there until they're ready to vouch for it...Jeremiah and crew are funny like that.

We're (the builders and I--and more them than me of course) are having a custom soft top added for summer/fall running--this will also take a butt-ton (500 pounds depending on who is asking about the butt in question and whether or not she will overhear you) of weight off which will be a good thing when I have it fully loaded. Anyway, I should have some more pics of the top posted in the next few weeks. It'll definitely look straight out of the Dark Continent then...

As to being Africa ready? I sure hope so...Lord only knows where it will take me when the time comes to get going.

Thank you all for all the positive responses...

I look forward to seeing you out there.

Travel safe:smiley_drive:,
Mark

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
Awesome.. It was a pleasure to be with it for all of those days (a couple times now). Here are a couple more from the Carbon Neutral Expedition I... What a rig....

Attachments

• 846440528_P8pDp-M.jpg
    846440528_P8pDp-M.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 144
  • 846443114_QS8e5-M.jpg
    846443114_QS8e5-M.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 846453350_JNNqi-M.jpg
    846453350_JNNqi-M.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 248
  • 846454500_jF7cj-M.jpg
    846454500_jF7cj-M.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 846454922_i4mtC-M.jpg
    846454922_i4mtC-M.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 151
  • 846478700_XrvKW-M.jpg
    846478700_XrvKW-M.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 151
  • 846479062_Sx3XZ-M.jpg
    846479062_Sx3XZ-M.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 101

MNicho

Thanks!!

Andre,

Thanks for putting those shots up and thanks for keeping John (and others) so well fed during the CNE. You got rave reviews. Keep some free time open this summer--perhaps you'll be up for another run....??

To everyone else who's posted such kind words--your comments are much appreciated.

Stay safe out there...
Mark

4WD School

Adventurer
The new ones are cool too...

Brand new Toyotas everywhere here in Kuwait. And, they're all LHD.

Landcruiser pickups, Troopies, Prados, Fortuners, etc.

Attachments

• Troopie.JPG
    Troopie.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 106
  • Could be mine small.jpg
    Could be mine small.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 138

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven