Land Cruiser Run

Bigthom

So,

I am in the planning stages of a run from the bay area to "Surf and Turf" at the Oceano Dunes, and finally Mojave Road. This will be a long trip, self sustained and should be a blast.

I have a 1988 FJ62, 160,000 miles. She has received lots of love and attention since I purchased her in April. I have an OME lift, many parts to fix various age related problems, I hope to have new shoes prior to the trip.

Looking for a few fellow cruisers interested in taking the whole trip, a portion, or to throw things at us as we drive by. Nothing especially challenging about the trip, but it will definitely be fun.

Surf and Turf is scheduled for November 5th-7th. We could either start or end there. Mojave should be cooler, in the mid 50's is average during the day, and quite cold at night. Rain is possible, but not probable.

The route is unknown, the rigs are unknown...Who is interested?

Bigthom

Sooooo.....

Got some dates nailed down. Got some time off, and wife willing some new shoes for the cruiser.

The latest is thusly,

Leaving October 31st from the bay, swinging through a major airport in the San Joaquin valley to pick up my co pilot, then over Tehachapi to the trails start point, 4-5 days then back to airport and off to Surf And Turf. Anyone interested? I have a Disco and County LWB, others?

nat

Adventurer
Where in the Bay Area are you? SnT is awesome, we will be headed down Wednesday late afternoon.

Bigthom

Details...

I will be starting the Mojave Road from the Needles side November 1st.

I will be hitting SnT on Friday...Hope to see you there.

PM for further details.

docroh

Observer
Jealous!!!! Enjoy SnT, I just moved from Santa Maria 4 months ago. Really miss that event. Give my best to all and enjoy Jim's tequila shots. :sombrero:

myspa56

I have got a Land Cruiser and I have gone through this route a number of times. All my trips were really challenging. In my view, the main problem is the daytime heat. The temperature will be very high during day time reaching up to 55 degrees. In the night it will be around 15 degrees. Also the terrain is rugged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven