Landing picture of platform for high campers

sunchaser365

I just installed a landed on my Keystone camper made from a upside down frame hitch. I then attach the new hitch to my existing hitch using two. 2 inch ball mounts using the ball to attach the unit together. After that i installed a 36 inch 2x10 piece of board with skid tap. The final thing was to use 2 turn buckles at each end to stabilize the landing that is 5 inches lower than the camper floor. I went out and purchased a 2 step plastic stool from HD that I keep inside the camper until needed.

I hope this might help someone getting in and out of their camper.

Sunchaser365

Attachments

• IMG_2959.jpg
    IMG_2959.jpg
    554.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2961.jpg
    IMG_2961.jpg
    563.7 KB · Views: 22

Paul B.

Adventurer
We're building a camping rig with an '88 Keystone, mounted onto the frame with a chassis mount on a '93 4x4 F-350. The camper floor is pretty high up there. We're building a custom rear bumper with a 27"x27" fold down entry platform, like a porch or stoop. (Warn Zeon 12000# mounted within.) It's going to have a scissor step mounting strip on each side, to allow for sideways entry from either side. Want to access sideways as we have a small off road camper trailer we bring for the kids to sleep in. Want to get in the camper without detaching the trailer.

(I know. Ya'll are thinking "whaaaat the hell??)

Of course, pics will come when available.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Seems like a great solution for those with an in-bed camper. On a lifted 4x4 in particular that can be a long step up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues