Leave your Husband!

LR Max

Local Oaf
I think your wife is awesome to jumping in a LWB Rover and heading out into the woods on her own initiative. Looks like everyone had a lot of fun.

That is why we are here. Have fun. They brought the epic win to that requirement.

Stubbs

Great write up. I enjoyed her description of the shepherds as gifted and special needs. And following that with a picture of them with one looking straight at the camera and the other sitting sideways with a cocked head. It seemed to fit perfectly.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
It's a bummer that she cut it short due to rain, and an attentive husband might consider a lighter family tent (like an REI Hobitat) for future use.... But I greatly enjoyed the article, and applaud her determination and tenacity to Get Out There. I also applaud you both for raising your kids without wrapping them in bubble wrap and wearing helmets outdoors. Some people might freak out about "boating" on the log without life preservers, or jumping around sticks and rocks without shoes, but for crying out loud, we all survived that and worse as kids ourselves, our kids are better for experincing such unvarnished adventures.

My wife has had some similar experiences. A few years ago I put together a trip on the Mojave Trail with 4 or 5 vehicles from my office. People that she really didn't know. This is not uncommon, I often lead group adventures several times a year. But on this one, my son got sick, and my wife told me it was my turn to stay home! SHE lead the group out on the trail, with our young daughter and and a group of guys all following her lead. I love this woman!

Yellowkayak

Adventurer
Those kids will remember that trip for the rest of their lives...that is what "getting outdoors" is all about!

Expedition_Matt

She's a keeper! What a trip - those "eventful" trips can be some of the best memories and are always great learning experiences of course. Tell her the non-FBers like it too.

Giovanni Ground

i love the way of article writing of your wife.Its incredibly wonderful to have fun at such an amazing and nature rich environment.I am also playing to have such a wonderful trip with my beloved husband and my son.Your post encourage me and soon i will write my campaign experience on the same forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal