LED Headlight Upgrade vs LED Light Bar

Hnoroian

Observer
Nice to see the update.

If driving in snow, keep your halogen but upgrade to different bulbs if you like. Typically led headlights are heated as they do not generate enough heat to keep the lenses from icing over.

I can attest to the buy once cry once especially if I was racing or of the sorts, or my motorcycle. In my case with the truck though the slow crawl, fire roads, etc. I just needed light thrown all around which typically the cheaper lights do. I had a 30” Rigid and it was beautiful (distance and pattern). Currently still running a cheapie 50” bar and ditch lights and they work without issues for the past 9 years.

rawtoxic

Good advice on the snow! I have kept the halogens on board the Tiger just in case! I did the amber fog lights after driving in a blinding spring snow in the Colorado eastern plains I think the low yellow light will help. I actually pointed the lights slightly downward to help reduce glare. I noticed some of the long haul truckers in that snowstorm with the same setup and seemed to work better than anything.

Someone I work with has Nilight light bars that are pretty old like 5+ years and they go wheelin most weekends and store rig outside also wash often with pressure washer so I figured they'd probably cut it for my usage. If one breaks it will be a pretty easy change out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach