Let’s see some POWER WAGONS!

Explorerinil

Observer
I wonder if the hemi is better with the 8 speed behind it? Either way, doesn't cure the payload issue.

As I tow a holiday trailer, usually with the bed loaded up, 4 people and a dog in the cab, I don't think a PW would work for me.
Yes it’s much more responsive and better mpg with the 8speed, payload isn’t really an issue. I load mine down with gear, 4 people and tow my Boston whaler, never had an issue.

jadmt

ignore button user
Essentially stock but that's why I bought it...

I'll be due for new tires by mid summer or so and will just move to load range E, 35s.

OA
nY6B1FT.jpg

lOj98pL.jpg
might want to start looking for new tires now. Buddy of mine just ordered a set of 35's and he had a heck of a time finding any that he wanted. Most were backordered and out of stock. He finally ended up with some General X3's. Seems to be a shortage in the 35x12.5-17

Tex68w

Beach Bum
There's a shortage on any 35" or taller tire, 37's are unobtanium for the most part in 17's and 18's. I only found eight 40" Toyo MT's in the entire country earlier this week.

jadmt

ignore button user
I wonder if the hemi is better with the 8 speed behind it? Either way, doesn't cure the payload issue.

As I tow a holiday trailer, usually with the bed loaded up, 4 people and a dog in the cab, I don't think a PW would work for me.
huge difference. go test drive both and see for yourself. If you don't get a loaded PW you get close to 1600lbs payload which is not great but if that is not enough simple to add airbags and daystar cradles to the rear and it will handle much more. the rear gvwr is 6200lbs and the front is 4750lb. Mine weighs 6950lb with 35's and some armor and full tank of gas so less than what factory said it would weigh.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
huge difference. go test drive both and see for yourself. If you don't get a loaded PW you get close to 1600lbs payload which is not great but if that is not enough simple to add airbags and daystar cradles to the rear and it will handle much more. the rear gvwr is 6200lbs and the front is 4750lb. Mine weighs 6950lb with 35's and some armor and full tank of gas so less than what factory said it would weigh.
For sure I could add daystars and airbags. But, that wouldn't change the door sticker.

It's all good anyway. As much as I like the Power Wagon, I don't need that much off road capability if I am being realistic with myself. It would be a want vs a need, haha

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I ran Firestone bags with Daystar buckets on my 2018 PW and it was a game changer with the FWC in the back but like @Todd n Natalie pointed out, it doesn't change the sticker or legality of the situation. I could have gone with another PW and gotten a lot more for my money but I wanted better payload this time around along with the ability to tow more and now I have a 4520lb payload and it's rated to tow just under 21,000lbs.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I ran Firestone bags with Daystar buckets on my 2018 PW and it was a game changer with the FWC in the back but like @Todd n Natalie pointed out, it doesn't change the sticker or legality of the situation. I could have gone with another PW and gotten a lot more for my money but I wanted better payload this time around along with the ability to tow more and now I have a 4520lb payload and it's rated to tow just under 21,000lbs.
That's a lot of payload!

Not to mention since the PW doesn't come in a Reg Cab, you couldn't duplicate this:

3ea4b9fa28d248270c3672bc8ae8e93f.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
That's a lot of payload!

Not to mention since the PW doesn't come in a Reg Cab, you couldn't duplicate this:

View attachment 658887

That's the build plan at the moment but we might opt for keeping the bed and slapping on a contractor shell instead, not sure just yet. I had a deposit on the last Tray Truck they built but the color turned out to be orange which I wasn't a fan of and when it arrived the dealer started playing games with the price so I passed. This purchase was to fulfill that desire for one. I can have a spitting image of the AEV Traybed truck (every single component) for a little over $70K doing it myself (cost of truck included), there's no need to pay the $95-110K they are asking for the few that they built. This is a 5th Gen truck as well, all 10 of the Traybed trucks were late model 4th Gens.

jadmt

ignore button user
That's the build plan at the moment but we might opt for keeping the bed and slapping on a contractor shell instead, not sure just yet. I had a deposit on the last Tray Truck they built but the color turned out to be orange which I wasn't a fan of and when it arrived the dealer started playing games with the price so I passed. This purchase was to fulfill that desire for one. I can have a spitting image of the AEV Traybed truck (every single component) for a little over $70K doing it myself (cost of truck included), there's no need to pay the $95-110K they are asking for the few that they built. This is a 5th Gen truck as well, all 10 of the Traybed trucks were late model 4th Gens.
orange looks petty good :). white does look better tho.79A3103A-219F-4E69-8CF8-96F186C7C714.jpegFF52FC2C-74DA-431A-BA1C-C1DE2CF2DDC3.jpeg

Omar RVA

might want to start looking for new tires now. Buddy of mine just ordered a set of 35's and he had a heck of a time finding any that he wanted. Most were backordered and out of stock. He finally ended up with some General X3's. Seems to be a shortage in the 35x12.5-17

Dang! I just avoided that issue with 285s on my wife’s 200 series but heard they were all gone soon after we got hers installed. Thanks for the heads up - I’ll inquire with discount tire tomorrow.

OA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad