Lets see some full size pictures...

alexrex20

Explorer
Truck_ProPride020.jpg

tymann09

well i just spent about an hour going through this thread. WOW theres some great rigs out there. i never thought tahoes looked nice but when fixed up a little they look pretty sweet. I thought i'd post a few pictures of my truck, she's a '97 F250 HD 351 5.8l XL. I bought it about a year ago pretty much stock, in fact, I don't think there was a single mod done to it besides the aftermarket stereo. So far i've put alot of money into it, though it might not look it. Grille guard with walmart fog lights :), air horn, new used rear bumper, bed lights, cruise control, 285x75x16 firestone destination m/t's on american racing outlaw 2 rims (tires and wheels purchased this past week.) and a class 3 hitch. also had some issues requiring repair which cost $$$ =/ the first pic is when i bought it, stock. and the rest are just whenever. looking into a cb radio system with dual antennas mounted on the mirrors. future mods safari rack on cap, fixing rust on rear fenders, possibly 4" lift. let me know what you think

Attachments

• 0312091707.jpg
    0312091707.jpg
    553.3 KB · Views: 700
  • 0327091620.jpg
    0327091620.jpg
    639.2 KB · Views: 353
  • 0419091205.jpg
    0419091205.jpg
    550.2 KB · Views: 320
  • 1026091947.jpg
    1026091947.jpg
    452.7 KB · Views: 273
  • 1027091121.jpg
    1027091121.jpg
    596.5 KB · Views: 361

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
from van forum..

to be honest...its kinda a sleeper...
1985 E250 6.9 turbodiesel 2wd
4in straight pipe
BF Goodrich Commercial T/A Traction Tire 235/85/16
power EVERYTHING!!
HULA girl...to shake it for me while we drive!!

blingpass.jpg

DCP_6888.jpg

vid of turbo sounds.

replaced the benches with 4 captains chairs and nice BIG bed/couch...

front and rear heat and ac...all the glass seals have been redone..fuel system new..

turbo installed last winter...runs diesel and WVO...(smells like a BBQ grill and gives me 3mpg increase!!)..hood vents to dissapate heat..and heater-core bypass that works REALLY well to help keep her cool..

projector headlights (ebay $40) with european city lights...all engine hoses replaced..vivair 350C and onboard tank for running powertools at camp..

I usually tow my 4x4 with it and camp out in it by myself or with the dogs...with TWINS on the way im anticipating less 4x4 wheelin and more adventuring/camping with the family..so its time to gut her and get some ammenities installed for the wife and kids...

plans...GTRV style poptop..freshwater storage/shower in back door..awnings side and back..winchbumpers and winch (gotta get another plasma cutter!!..have steel awaitin!!) serious insulation and soundproofing..and rear arb..(cus if i cant make it...I shouldnt be taking my hefty girl there!!)

GeoTracker90

Adventurer
Black K5 Blazer

Just a couple pictures of my latest rig. A 1984 Chevrolet Blazer. It currently has a 350 that is fouling #8 cylinder, but I found a 305 that I'll swap into it during the Thanksgiving break. I must say that even with fouling one cylinder this truck runs fairly well. Can't wait to get a healthy engine into it. Also, you just can't beat the simplicity of a small block Chevrolet engine with an HEI ignition and a carburator.

BadBlackBlazer.jpg

BlazerWood.jpg

Mike

Last edited:

Cody1771

Explorer
305... hmm... those aint the greatest engines but they will run forever... you will have noticbly less power though.

GeoTracker90

Adventurer
305... hmm... those aint the greatest engines but they will run forever... you will have noticbly less power though.

Yeah, the 305 was only $25 and included an engine storage dolly that is probably worth $45. The 305 is supposed to only have between 10,000 and 20,000 miles on it. I just couldn't pass it up for that price. I think I'll swap the motors and run the 305 for the winter and then see what the summer has in store for the 350. I'd like to freshen it up and put it back in.

Any ideas on what the 305 might do for MPG?

Mike

Rot Box

Explorer
Any ideas on what the 305 might do for MPG?

Mike

Cool Blazer :bike_rider:

Don't plan on anything better than what your currently getting. There are a lot of things that factor in (axle gear ratio and transmission) but anything over 20mpg probably isn't going to happen.

A 6.2 Diesel will have similar power output but get well over 20mpg. Have you considered that option?

I've owned several 305's and I came to the conclusion that its best to leave them stock. They are not powerful but they run its best to leave well enough alone :elkgrin:

rparker762

Observer
Cool Blazer :bike_rider:

Don't plan on anything better than what your currently getting. There are a lot of things that factor in (axle gear ratio and transmission) but anything over 20mpg probably isn't going to happen.

A 6.2 Diesel will have similar power output but get well over 20mpg. Have you considered that option?

I've owned several 305's and I came to the conclusion that its best to leave them stock. They are not powerful but they run its best to leave well enough alone :elkgrin:

+1. I have a stock 350 in my 84 K5 that was swapped in place of the original 305. I need lower gears in the axles but with 3.73s and 35s I'm getting about 10 to 11 mpg. Almost the same with both motors. If you decide to build the 350 and put it back in, avoid the urge to go big. I'd bore it 30 over and leave it at that. Plain and simple will keep it ultimately reliable. Don't go 60 over in a 400sb and drop in there so you break axles left and right....:wings:

Here she is as she sits now:

100_3345.jpg

100_3356.jpg

biglos454

Adventurer
those are some really sharp looking blazers! im a huge fan of the old school Chevy sheet metal. especially the k5.

Explore Oregon

My 93 FSB. (under construction) Pictured it is stock other than the 4" lift and 33" BFGs. I'm trying to find the time to do more to it.

4inchlifton33s.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater