Lets see some full size pictures...

tip

Adventurer
Tires done

IMG_5513.JPG

IMG_5514.JPG

gohuge

Observer
Thanks, it came out pretty good. It did flash a bit but it was due to the high gloss tint I chose. It would be cleaner with a flat colour, no metallics, black, etc. But, I am not too picky. It will hopefully,
not scratch, chip, and rust as the original paint had done. Look forward to hammering down gravel/dirt/mud roads without issue/concern.
Rockers/cladding are in good shape and hiding small rust pitting in the rear quarters/fender lip. After prep, the rusty pitting was filled with epoxy, primed, and everything sprayed.
The cladding is glued over the Liner. I like the two-tone. Sliders, including rear quarter sliders, will protect the plastic. The cladding isn't going anywhere now.
I used really good glue, lol.

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
Cool. I'd love to do that trail. Where was it at? I've had my crew cab Super Duty in the woods here in Indiana.
Diesel torque, low range, both lockers engaged, aired down to 18 psi = no drama... until you need to make a 7 point turn.
She climbs stairs pretty easy.

jdinevens

Adventurer
Cool. I'd love to do that trail. Where was it at? I've had my crew cab Super Duty in the woods here in Indiana.
Diesel torque, low range, both lockers engaged, aired down to 18 psi = no drama... until you need to make a 7 point turn.
She climbs stairs pretty easy.

Making it look easy =)

verdesardog

Explorer
How about a full size video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i01UIvHMxE0

My CTD went where most full size rigs fear to go....you cans see my rig in my sig.

Smiley rock trail Arizona. Open diff's front and rear 36psi in all 4 tires. There were a couple of good hill climbs too but too easy to video. This is the Jeep that was following me, you can see the condition of the trail better, this is the section I was driving for the dash cam video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJrS0V3kl_s

xbox73

Adventurer
Ever thought of Plasti Dip? Similar protection.

Spray on bedliners e.g. LineX are pretty durable. Plastidip, if properly applied to a well-prep'd surface might be fine for a street rig, but I don't believe would hold up too well to branch scratches etc. on tight trails.

Woofwagon

Adventurer
Pic of the Woofwagon with modified FJ80 snorkel

Woofwagon.jpg

I still have to hook up the air cleaner to the snorkel. I do notice some intake noise at highway speeds but it's not bad. The size of the snorkel will be more than able to handle the breathing requirements for the 500 inch Cadillac that is going in next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk