Liberty Expedition Rig

Bowzer5

Thanks, I was wondering what to do with the washer bottle setup as well. . .now I know!!

Last edited:

phxtoad

Adventurer
Yeah, I chewed one of those when I ran 265/75's. With 245/75's I miss it - so mine is still stock in the stock location.

MojaveKJ

Adventurer
My KJ rear storage/sleeping platform.

This is what I did. It's a bit crude but works well for me...

IMG_1308.jpgIMG_1309.jpgIMG_1312.jpg

It's hard to see but there are two metal baskets in the back to hold stuff and a larger storage area in front with a hinged lid. Also search on the LOST Jeeps website for Tommuds' rear seat delete which looks much better engineered that mine.

Good luck with your build and please don't hesitate to ask questions here or on the LOST board.

Happy Jeepin'...

tommudd

Explorer
Front 20" from bottom of flare to center of wheel
Rear 22" from bottom of flare to center of wheel.

I purchased an aluminum spool gun for my miller 211 autoset today. I'll start sourcing some aluminum square tubing for the sleeping platform soon. The platform won't be that tall but will have a flipout section or drawer for full length sleeping. I think I'm going to get one of these tents to make sure I stay dry/without wildlife. Looks like it might fit over my planned extension pretty well. . .worried about overall quality. I ran backpacking trips and other adventures (outdoor pursuits) in college and know how lousy tent quality can get. I may bite the bullet, get it, and make my own with features I like from this one.

Jeepin by Al will be getting my business soon! I was considering just getting crown automotive factory replacement upper arms (way cheaper) but really like the idea of being able to swap out the joint vs the whole arm.

I forget the tire size. I believe the tires were off a Sahara model with bridgestone dualers. I did a calculation conversion at the time and they were just shy of 32" total.

Here is the old build link for it (used to work for 4wheel drive hardware/4wheel parts and they gave us gift cards to write about our projects):
http://www.team4wheelparts.com/lifting-my-new-grand-cherokee/
It was a 2" spring kit (no spacers). Fit really well except for minor rubbing in the front that was fixed with a sawzall. Never really wheeled it, just wanted it to look different than all the others.

So your springs were sagged out to begin with, and you're only sitting an inch over new stock height ( which is 19 inches after March 2003) So although you installed a 2 inch kit you're not close to 2 inches of lift

tommudd

Explorer
I'm going to try to cut the leading edge and angle it back to the inner fenderwell (like photo). I just have to make sure I won't hit metal/other obstruction. It will match what I did on the front for clearance . . . haven't hacked on a libby before so its all a learning experience so far!
IMAG0483-1.jpg

bumpstops is what you need unless you want a hacked up looking KJ
with 32s you'll need 3 hockey pucks per side
for 30s-31s 2 per side

Last edited:

Wiant

Subscribed! (where's that smiley-face-eating-popcorn emoticon?)

You should think about a pop-tent that can mount to your roof. It may not be "budget" but it'll probably fit your 6'2" better and allow for more cargo space and configuring for fridge and other exped accessories in the back seat space.

What's next?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal