Lift Ideas (help) - 2001 Xterra

mortonm

Expedition Leader
I need a bit of help, or at least some steering in the right direction.

The cursory look I have made into lifts for Xterra's all provide 3 plus inches. I am looking just for 1.5 or 2 max. I am running 235 85 R16 and won't be saying any rock crawling.

I have thought of the PML but my truck is pushing 12 years old now and this winter was thinking of refreshing the suspension anyways (I know the shocks are gone)

Are there any lift options out there with new t bars and leaf packs that add 1.5 or 2 inches ?

ryandavenport

Adventurer
If you go over on www.clubxterra.org, check out RacerXXL's truck. He has an add-a-leaf and SAW torsion bars. If his setup is not what you are looking for (which I imagine it isn't because his is a 3" lift) then he can probably help you figure out what you do need. Also, I would recommend Rugged Rocks over 4x4parts. In my past experience, 4x4parts doesn't have good customer service, and Stephen at Rugged Rocks is about as good as it gets as far as customer service goes. Good luck, and be sure to post up pictures when you get the truck done!

XJINTX

Explorer
If you have not already gone with aftermarket torsion bars you need to. You can than adjust your front as needed and have the warm fuzzy of not worrying about broken torsion bars. Also I'd look at aftermarket tie rod adjusters because older ones will be a definite weak part. I don't see any other option for the back besides the AAL for just 2-3 inches.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the opinions guys. Ill have to take a closer look.

Another option is just replacing the leaves and torsion bars with stock parts and some new bilsteins. I'm sure that a new suspension would get me an inch or so. For nearly all my uses I don't really need any more lift and my tires only rub and extreme lock. The fact my truck doesn't flex much helps here! Haha

crismateski

American Adventurist
Talk to Steve over at Rugged Rocks offroad, they are a Nissan specialty shop / Fabricator in Southern California, Steve is the owner and a great guy with a lot of knowledge I am sure he can help you out.

crismateski

American Adventurist
California is a little far to go to lift a truck in Canada no?

I was think more to get information, and you can order parts. But if you do come to CA, Rugged Rocks is less then an hour to the mountains or the desert, we can break it in

BigRed44

Observer
California isn't to far for a lift. Depending on how high you want to go and your skill level you can install it your self. I ordered mine from PRG in California since they are one of the few manufacturers that build components for our trucks.

xkid

Adventurer
Sounds like you want to keep it simple. To get 1 1/2 inches, do the poor man lift. You need the longer shackles in the rear. Getting new oem torsion bars, might be a good idea. I ran that with 32 inch tires. It was fine. You can do some light trails with that. Keep looking around and read up on it. Lots of forums for that. You have one close to home. CNTC.ca.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Thanks for all the help guys. Some great info. I will take it all into consideration over the winter when I get around to sorting out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3