Lifting a 4Runner with XREAS Suspension

Bergger

Explorer
My buddy has a 2006 4Runner Sport with XREAS suspension and would like to lift it. He actually took it to 4Wheel Parts to have a spacer lift installed. They called him a few hours later and told them they would not do it. When lifted it throws the computer for the XREAS off and can cause safety problems. Does anyone know if a 4Runner with the XREAS can be lifted without any issues?

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
Berger, do a search on YotaTech, I know it has been covered there. I'm pretty sure there are several that dumped the XREAS for an OME setup, but check there to find the details. Here is one thread of many. My understanding is that you have to remove the ENTIRE X-REAS system including shocks, computer, wiring, etc.

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
that is BS, XREAS has no computer interaction. You can do spacer lifts with it no problem and there is several examples of such on toyota120.com. Or you can do what I did, pull the whole system out (which requires very little effort).

Bergger

Explorer
Thanks guys. He wants to keep the XREAS so I'll check out these posts and see what the options are. I could be wrong but it was my understanding that the XREAS was not really computer controlled. I thought it just pushed hydrolic fluid into the shocks based on the roll of the vehicle.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Bergger said:
Thanks guys. He wants to keep the XREAS so I'll check out these posts and see what the options are. I could be wrong but it was my understanding that the XREAS was not really computer controlled. I thought it just pushed hydrolic fluid into the shocks based on the roll of the vehicle.
Yup. No computer. There is a hydraulic line from the left front shock to the right rear and another line from the right front to the left rear.

net4n6

Adventurer
I have 06 Sport with XREAS. 3" spacer lift with no problem. If you run 33" tires, you need to trim the front fender.

Last edited:

Bergger

Explorer
net4n6 said:
I have 06 Sport with XREAS. 3" spacer lift with no problem. If you run 33" tires, you need to trim the front fender.

What type of spacer lift do you have? Is it available in a 2" lift?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater

Members online